Raid . . . .

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Luddym, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

Has anyone encountered anything to do with Raid on the network plus that isn't raid 0, 1 or 5?

Going through my old Network + Sybex book by David Groth (Third Edition) it explain Raid 2, 3 and 4 as well as some others (56?).

I'm not trying to cut corners with this one, but am just worried that 2,3 and 4 are so similar it will ultimately confuse me if i try to chuck that in my memory too. Having already studied for the 70-270, my Raid 0,1 and 5 are pretty good, so will do anything to try and avoid a misshap.

Thanks for your patience guys. :)

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I'd expect that the more common RAID configurations (0, 1, 5) are the ones that are most likey to come up. It would also be worth while to be familliar with what the other ones do, but not to any great depth.

8)

3. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

Sweet. Cheers Simon.

What worries me about the Network plus is all the stuff I have just never encountered before.

When I picked up the 70-291 Microsoft book to have a quick read through (I like to skin any of the training books for the exams I intend to take, but not study them - It seems to help when I come to study it later.) it said you should be competant to Network + Level. And . . . also, a question or two on my 70-270 practice exam asked the problem with the a computer, but in it there was a diagram that it had to worked out from. :blink

So . . . the network plus was an added bonus for me. Oh well . . . . at least it shouldn't take too long. Just hope I dont fail it at 145 Pound!!!! :ohmy that would sting like a bee as big as . . . . well a 145 pound bee.

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard