RAID manager server 2003

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Danmurph, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Danmurph

Danmurph Byte Poster

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me where I can get a RAID manager that will work in windows 2003 R2, it is is installed in an IBM x3650, the IBM website is useless and I am beginning to loose the will to live, there support department is very very bad :)

Thanks in advance

Certifications: MCDST, MCP, A+
    WIP: Everything!!
  2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

I'm confused. Do you mean the software for the array controller that the server ships with? If so, can you not just boot into it and select the controller before Windows boots? (not familiar with IBM servers at all, so not sure what the array controllers for them are called). If it's a third party RAID controller, (3Ware, Adaptec etc) can't you download the management software from their site?

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  4. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Craigie

The linky doesn't work, could you edit it please. :D

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  5. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  6. Danmurph

Danmurph Byte Poster

Its the controller that comes with the server, basically I have set up one mirrored pair but have an additional two HDD's in the machine. I basically want to be able to configure more RAID options whilst in the OS and be notified if there is a disk error in the array as I cannot always be where the server is and need to see remotely if there is an error, hope this makes sense, basically a RAID manager that works within server 2003 for an IBM x3650 server :rolleyes:

7. Danmurph

Danmurph Byte Poster

8. Danmurph

Danmurph Byte Poster

any more news on this one guys?

9. BrizoH

BrizoH Byte Poster

Certifications: CCNA, CCNA Security
    WIP: CCNP
  10. Danmurph

Danmurph Byte Poster

Hi the model of card is IBM serveraid 8kl-8kl, i installed the server manager director but it doesn't seem to see any of the storage configurations, or give me any information on the card, do i need to install something extra like an add on to the program, I can't believe how much trouble I am having with this, surely this should be quite a standard thing, why is it so blooming hard to find any info on it? :(

11. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  12. Danmurph

Danmurph Byte Poster