Problem RAID Issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Raffaz, May 24, 2010.

1. darksidepressure

darksidepressure New Member

Do you still have the link to download the firmware as i was just about to buy a new raid card but this would seriously save me some money. thank you

2. mgimeno

mgimeno New Member

Hello,

Searching this problem on google I've arrived to you post and we have follow the same accions as you, we have contacted adaptec to ask for some solution to use disk bigger than 1TB and we are waiting for their response. We hope that they provide us the same firmware to solve the disk size problem, as well.
    My question to you is, have you found some problem with this firmware that you commented, or everything works smooth?

Thanks & Regards.

3. mgimeno

mgimeno New Member

Hello,

After upgrade the firmware we are not able to access to the ACU (Array Configuration Utility), when we try to acces, it remains stuck in a MS-DOS dash and nothing shows up.

Have you got any problem with the upgrade? Anyway, if we run ACU (the one that comes with the new firmware) from floppy disk, it works without problems.

The firmware provided by adaptec was: Adaptec RAID Firmware/BIOS version 5.2.0 Build 15617

Thanks.

4. ndew

ndew New Member

If anyone runs into this issue you can download the fw from here

download_adaptec_com_tmp0001_adaptec_circle_2420sa_fw_b15617_zip

replace _ with appropriate characters