RAID drives not displayed in recovery console?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zr79, Jan 7, 2010.

1. zr79

zr79 Byte Poster

Does this sound right, should rid drives be shown in the RC, as mine weren't, maybe you need to load some drivers first on route to the RC?

Certifications: A+
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I think that this would depend on whether the RAID array is setup through HArdware or software. If hardware then no, probably not. Software I'm not so sure about, but no one in their right mind uses software RAID in a real environment, do they?

8)

3. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Recovery console requires additional drivers if you have a third party SCSI or RAID drive.

Remember? The F6 key?

See the following MS support article:-

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307654

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  4. alsy

alsy Bit Poster

It also depends on what you're looking for. Is your boot partition on the RAID device you can't see or are you trying to access data on a different array?

You'll only be able to access the root and %SystemRoot% folders from Recovery Console, none of your other drives (D, E, F, etc etc).

Certifications: MCNE, CNE5&6, MCSA, N+, Project+, ITILv2
    WIP: MCSE2K3
  5. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

I agree with Q's most likely you need to supply a driver on bootup via the old F6.

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots