R6 vegas 2?

Discussion in 'Gamers Hangout' started by IThurts, Apr 20, 2008.

1. IThurts

IThurts Kilobyte Poster

has anyone played Rainbow six vegas2 on PC??

That game rocks!! Especially as always with a great graphical setup.
    I love getting a bit plastered on a w/kend and putting on the headphones and doing a lonewolf rampage on terrorist hunt.

Its a great game...buy it!8)

Certifications: BTEC national Diploma Computer Studies
    WIP: See Sig
  2. Mathematix

Mathematix Megabyte Poster

Never was into the R6 series. Got Vagas 1 from Game for £2.49 brand new and sealed (loyalty caard points covered the other 7.50) and giving it a go. If I like it I'll get Vagas 2. :)

Certifications: BSc(Hons) Comp Sci, BCS Award of Merit
    WIP: Not doing certs. Computer geek.
  3. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

I used to play Rainbow Six back in the days of Cover Ops and Rogue Spear. I even joined an Online clan (called RSF if anyones interested). Have been collecting them ever since.

While the single player game varies alot between each version, i find the Online or Multiplayer games the best. Playing as a squad or all v all, its a great game with a fantastic selection of weapoms and equipment with loads of MODs available to change the game play or maps.

Played Vegas 1 and only finished it 2 weeks ago, and while it has some tricky moments, i did find it repetative. However i do play this against my son on the LAN and its sooooo much fun even with just the 2 of us! I probably will buy R6V2 but it will be awhile as i have to finish Assassains Creed 1st! (another good game)

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I have the Rainbow Six vegas which was a so so game, I didn't find it that great. I haven't tried rainbow six vegas 2 yet. I don't think that my PC will run it well, I'll have to upgrade it first.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  5. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

I played Vegas 1 to get me started onto Vegas 2 and loved it so much I played Vegas 2...and I just finished it in the last 5 min...lol...great game with a great story...:biggrin

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

That reminds me... I've got the Rainbow Six Collectors Edition... maybe I'll break it out and give them a go.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. IThurts

IThurts Kilobyte Poster

r6 vegas2 is the mutts nuts, seriously.
    Well... the pc versions of these shooters are always alot better than the console versions imho. Cant beat a mouse and keyboard.

8. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Hear fecking hear my friend :biggrin

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  9. BosonMichael

You know it! :onthePC

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  10. IThurts

IThurts Kilobyte Poster

Yea!

Someone actually asked me the other day in my GF's computer gameshop...."why do you buy PC versions of all the games"(in a snotty tone) ...i feel like slapping the **** outta them because its like..if you dont know, then dont worry about it..lol.

I said "well i get better resolutions/better graphics/shooters are meant for a m/kb and there's so many more vairables that you console gamers do not comprehend...like mods, larger scale in terms of players etc etc."

I told him what grapx card i had and also mentioned that my pc displays better grapx than the 360, he said "well yea obviously u have a 8800GTS its gonna be better graphics than the 360", so i was like:

"why the feck are you asking my then........?" :blink.........:rolleyes:

Dont get me wrong, i love my 360 and PS3 also, but PC gaming is another story..it emmerses me more and i just feel more in-control with my m/kb. People also say...
    "well you can still play *insert game here* with a controller on a pc so i might get it"....i have to restrain myself from punching them in the mouf...lol.:x

11. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

each to there own, i like controllers and consoles myself 8) besides you can't get warhawk on pc :p

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  12. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Im a PC Gamer myself, played to a very high level in a couple of games as well, notably Soldier Of Fortune II where I played for / part managed, the #1 UK/European Team #voltz and the UK in the European tournaments... ahh the good old days. RTCW was another favourite, brilliant game.

I havent really found a game I like as much as them two for a couple of years now, CS doesnt do it for me, Call Of Duty 4 is good but I didnt like it enough to play for teams etc.

I've never played any Rainbow 6, I might grab the latest one (If my comp can handle it :( ) and give it a go!

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  13. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

I've played R6 to its death, must say i did like the game but R6 2 just looks like an expansion pack to me and not the New game that i was hoping for so i will be holding out for TC: Endwar and BF: Bad Company

14. BosonMichael

Until a controller has this many keys, I'll stick to PC gaming, thank-you-very-much:

[​IMG]

15. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

as i said fella each to there own (I wont change your mind and you wont change mine) UT3 will come out with keyboard and mouse support for the consoles, will i be using it NOPE! besides am an online pilot no room for a mouse in my cabin :p

16. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

This is a very bold statement on my part, but I can confidently say,

"The best players of the game (online, LANs, tournaments etc), will be using a keyboard and mouse"

/runs........

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
  17. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

it depends on the game imo, 3rd persons are better with controllers as are football and racing games everything else keyboard and mouse.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  18. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Ar yes, thats true, I mean solely FPS, my bad :)

19. BosonMichael

I can say definitively that I can control those type of games with a keyboard and mouse as well as any button-masher can.

20. IThurts

IThurts Kilobyte Poster

hmm... To me the console serves no purpose..lol...i say that owning a 360.
    There's no real argument that console gamers have against PC gamers..
    I dont even know what an advantage a console has over a PC?Possibly comfort?ie: sit on a sofa whilst playing? BUT even then a pc gamer can do that if he sets it up correct...

The PC serves all purposes...ie: GBL's statement was that of the controller is better for types of genre...fair point bro, but even then a pc has a usb port too..:biggrin for a controller...and then some!

I love my console as i stated earlier, but cant seem to defend it when my PC outruns my 360 in everyway poss.

I tihnk the console is obviously geared moreso towards a "pick up n play audience".