R2 - Yes or No

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by Island3r, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Island3r

Island3r Nibble Poster

Hi Guys

I've been reading through the threads on 70-290 (nice review by the way Zim :D )

Here's a question i'm not sure about:

does anyone know if we get tested on R2 as well now? I've search the MS website but couldn't see anything. But there is now a 2nd Edition of the MS Press 70-290 book (thats sold everywhere apart from Amazon!) that includes the W2K3 R2 evalution CD, so that makes me think that they may be testing on that now:eek:

Any ideas dudes 8)

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, MCSA 2003, MCTS: Windows Vista, Config, MCTS: Exchange 2007, Config, MCTS: Server 2007 Active Directory, Config, MCTS: Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, CEH
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

As far as I'm aware the exams haven't been updated recently so personally I'd say no, R2 Isn't covered.

That said it won't do you any harm to at least be familliar with whats new in R2, just as an overview incase a question does pop up. 8)

3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

good question... i asked it a few weeks ago and didnt get much of a response apart from d-faktor saying nothing had been said on the ms site.. looking at the changes on R2 i wouldnt think so.

8)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

after the release of xp sp2, it has been reported that specific sp2 related questions were included in the 70-270 exam, so i assume it's safe to say that eventually microsoft will include specific 2k3 r2 related questions in the appropriate exams.

5. Island3r

Island3r Nibble Poster

Thanks guys

I think, i'll cover it just to be safe.

Laters Dudes 8)

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, MCSA 2003, MCTS: Windows Vista, Config, MCTS: Exchange 2007, Config, MCTS: Server 2007 Active Directory, Config, MCTS: Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, CEH
  6. woodworm

woodworm New Member

Hi, my first post - so hello to everyone ....

I took the 290 exam this week and didn't get any questions about R2 - could just have been lucky, but I did still get tested on SUS rather than WSUS, so I don't believe they have updated the questions recently

7. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Thanks for joining just to help the original poster in this thread woodworm 8)

Why don't you pop over and post in our New Members Introduction forum and tell us a bit more about yourself. That way all our members will get a chance to say hello, not just the ones interested in this thread!

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  8. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

yes SUS is still the update service tested in MCSE exams... :biggrin

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  9. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

By the time Vista Server is on SP2 they might be including 2K3 R2 questions on the 290. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada