Quiz

Discussion in 'A+' started by hans.andrei, Feb 25, 2010.

1. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Michael, I am actually pretty disgusted with that last paragraph from you, that's a bloody elitest comment if ever I saw it and I wouldn't be surprised if other people took offense to it as well.

What if one of the other more prolific posters had just posted that when they had only[/] 26 posts? does that make you a better person than them? You can't go around saying people are wrong based on their post count because if you do this place would empty of new comers quicker than you can say tosspot.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

I just love all the outrage on a thread that is about a month old. The ship has sailed on this one, no? Wait wait, I'm going back to the Comptia cert expiry thread to start more outrage about it...

Whilst BM's tone may or may not be an issue. It is not for us regular (even premium) members to actively police. If you have an issue with his posts, click the report option and let the mods deal with it as they see necessary.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. Haze

Haze Nibble Poster

:rolleyes:

I don't even know where to begin with your ridiculous retorts at me but you've done a good enough job of exhibiting your dismal attitude without me pointing it our further, so I'll just leave you to it now, mate.

Certifications: MCSA (Windows 7), MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (Windows 7), MCTS: Windows 7 & Office 2010 Deployment, Level 3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence, Level 3 Certificate in ICT Systems and Principles, Advanced Level Apprenticeship for IT Professionals
    WIP: MCSA: Server 2012
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I see both points here.

The OP maybe was doing this innocently and maybe he should have been warned by a mod but BM makes money from creating material that people will copy or publish when they have no right to do so.

Most people on here will have copied the odd film or watched a pirated version of a film, maybe if you owned a c64 or speccy when you were younger you had hudreds of games on cassette tapes. At the end of the day this was stealing and taking money away from people who had the right to earn that money.

Now everyone makes mistakes and maybe a sticky should be created to warn people of posting about copyrighted material or something along those lines so this doesn't happen again.

Maybe BMs tone was a bit wrong but things like that happen when you get pissed off.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

My, how these things snowball.

Not posting copyrighted material is in the rules and guidelines.
    Unfortunately this relies on members reading said rules and guidelines, but also understanding the concept of IP and copyright.

There are some guys on here, like BM, who are technical authors and it's ultimately them that suffer from all of this so I can understand their frustration and anger. If it hasn't hurt you, I don't expect you to understand it. As GBL says, we've all copied a C90 tape as kids, or taped something off the radio. We can shrug it off, but it's different when you see colleagues not getting salary rises this year or losing their jobs because you're not making the money that you should be.

Sorry, the answer was D was it?
    I've forgotten.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  6. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

I don't think anyone is judging BM for being outspoken on copyright, it's the way he has chosen to vent this that leaves a bad taste.

Mind you what do i know, i have less than 1000 posts :)

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  7. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

Removed - Pointless Comment - AJ

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If you both also don't like the way I've "done things here", you too can click that little ! in the upper-right corner.

I won't (and can't) please everyone. But I will speak the truth, whether anyone likes it or not.

All I'm saying is that I don't need someone with 26 posts... or 2600 posts... to tell me what I should and shouldn't be saying, or how I should or shouldn't be saying it.

As Jonny and GBL rightly said, let's see you guys get your stuff stolen and see how much you guys want to tolerate piracy or coddle those who decide it's "not that bad".

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
    Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Michael, it's not the truth thats an issue here, it's that you said that someone with only 26 posts doesn't matter.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  10. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

I wrote a long and fairly comprehensive response to BMs last post but I can't be arsed with it so I'll just set a couple of things straight.

1. I have in the past reported people for software piracy, illegal downloading and violations of copyright laws.
    2. I have never tolerated piracy.

Oh and BM,
    I did.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  11. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

All I'm saying is that I don't need someone with 26 posts... or 2600 posts... to tell me what I should and shouldn't be saying, or how I should or shouldn't be saying it. I'm really, really, really tired of people telling me how to post.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  12. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Fact - Copyright material as stated in the T & D's is not permitted on the forum. The fact that it is, I can only apologise for to you all. It will be removed. I can only ask that if you see it report it to the staff and we'll look into it.

Please be Polite Some members have been quick enough to moan about being picked on. If this is you, then I suggest you do click onto the little report button and tell the staff. We will then deal with the issue as we deem best. This may mean infractions/warning/bans are issued, but this will be done with the offending member and NOT on the forums. This is the way we have always done it and this will not change. No-one is above the infraction/warning system and no-one should expect to be no matter how long they have been a member/number of posts/reputation points.

As a member here you have an expectation to be treated in a friendly and polite manner whether you're a newbie or been a member for a long time. We all know the medium that forums are, the written word sometimes does not come across as you would wish it to. There is no need to bad mouth anyone or post in a derogatory manner. Again the infraction system can and will be used.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong