1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick Question!

Discussion in 'A+' started by NSFW, Nov 22, 2011.

1. NSFW

NSFW New Member

Hey guys,

First post here, looks like an awesome resource for me right now!
    I've been working lv 2 helpdesk for past 6 months and the company I work for has offered to pay for my A+

My questions:

-Ive read mixed answers about re certification on the A+, If I take it prior to Jan 1 2012 will I be
    grandfathered in or will I have to retest every 3 years?

-I'm having trouble finding testing centers everywhere I look wants to sell a 4 week training class. I have all the study materials I need, is there some central website I can book a test?(I'm on the east coast of the U.S btw)

-NSFW

2. SimonD

SimonD Terabyte Poster Moderator

You had to take it before Jan 2011 I believe, have a look here for details on testing partners.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    WIP: VCP6-CMA, VCAP-DCD and Linux + (and possibly VCIX-NV).
  3. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

Simon is right, the reexamination is already in place - but don't let that put you off.

Get the A+, by the time you need to re-sit the exam you'll have more experience and certifications. Plus if you sit N+ or S+ I believe it auto-renews your A+ date.

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010