Quick Question for my sanity

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by MrNice, May 16, 2005.

1. MrNice

MrNice Kilobyte Poster

I NEED to confirm I am getting this one right, any input most gratefully recieved.
    My XP computer has two partitions; C & D. The C partition is formatted with FAT32 and has 1 Gb of free disk space. The D partition is formatted NTFS and has 250MB of free space. You need to copy the financial folder from a file server to your computer. The folder contains 150MB of sensitive data. You must secure the files on your computer, which of the following actions.

a.Copy financial to D and encrypt its contents
    b.Copy financial to C and encrypt its contents
    c.Request financial be encrypted on a file server then copy to C
    d.Copy financial to C, then convert the folder to NTFS

I say A is the only answer, Fat32 dont support encryption. I rule out D as you cant format a FOLDER with NTFS, only the whole drive, and you would lose the encryption by moving it to a FAT32 drive.

2. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Your answer sounds right to me, as does your reasoning.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  3. Pablo1888

Pablo1888 Byte Poster

Spot on!:)

Certifications: MOUS Master, MCP 70-210, A+
    WIP: CCNA
  4. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

A is the right answer as FAT32 doesn't support encryption

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011