Quick Question about Installing Drivers in Audit Mode:Windows 7 (on Wmware WS7)

Discussion in 'Software' started by NT Executive, Dec 12, 2011.

1. NT Executive

NT Executive Bit Poster

Hi Guys, Quick Question

I have a windows 7 ultimate installation, the machine is currently in ''audit mode'' (Ive sysprep -generalised the machine but rebooted it back into audit mode because I wanted to do something).

Simple Question, how do I manually add addtional drivers to the installation? is there somekind of folder I place them in within the installation (for example, taking the sys files and putting them in the drivers folder or something like that).

Or maybe ive got the wrong idea and MS mean I can simply download and install out of box addtional drivers and then capture the image and deploy it.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  2. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Generally we capture an image and then add drivers with the dism /add-driver command, but i think you can manually install drivers/software whilst in audit mode

This seems to confirm it
    Customize Windows in Audit Mode

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
    Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

The last roll out I did I ended up installing Windows 7 on a virtual machine and the installing all the drivers I needed (3 hardware builds).

In the answer file when running oobe I put in the PersistAllDeviceInstalls entry.

PersistAllDeviceInstalls

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs