Quick N+ query / Question

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Coupe2T, May 6, 2010.

1. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Hi Guys,

I have been working as service desk and Operations for the last 4-5 years, Due to the joy of outsourcing though I am soon to lose my position as things stand at the moment.

With this in mind I decided I should get some certs to help when it comes to finding a new job etc, I thoguht I would start with the N+ and have read the SYBEX deluxe guide N+ book. Since then I have done a few various free exam tests and questions etc but my question is :

When doing the practice exams etc, some questions appear to need more than one answer, but it never tells you if you should choose more than one etc. In the proper Comptia exam, does it advise if there is more than one correct answer that they are looking for?

Cheers

J

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  2. Rachael_B

Rachael_B Nibble Poster

Hi J

When only one answer is required you get a circular checkbox, when multiple answers are required you will get square check boxes. I also thought that in the questions I got it stated 'choose all that apply' or something similar

Rach

Certifications: A+, ITIL v3 Fdn, Network+
    WIP: 70-680, 70-685
  3. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Ah ok cool, Thanks Rachel, I was just considering PM'ing you actually coz I just seen that you passed it! Congrats by the way! It's easy right? :tune

4. mesob

mesob Bit Poster

it is just like what rachel had said, when u go to the actual exam if u got a radio button that actually means u got to choose one and if you have to choose two or more it is a checkbox. Those buttons make the life easier....lol :D

Certifications: BSc A+ N+ MCP
    WIP: MCSA, CCNA, Server+, Security+
  5. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Yeah definately, Doesn't afford the same sense in the practice exams, I was hitting around 60% or so on most of them but getting marked wrong on quite a few because I had only selected one correct answer. There was a few questions I looked at though where I thought there was more than one correct answer but I just went with what I thought most appropriate as an answer as didn't realise I could mark more than one! lol.

Cheers for the info anyway, Much appreciated to you both. Bit more reading and get the exam booked I reckon! N+ here I come . . . . . . Hopefully! lol

6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Good practice exams will. But with free ones, you get what you pay for. 8)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Yeah I suspected that this might be the case, Which is why I asked the question, just to be sure that the real exam etc would be much better presented. :biggrin