1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

quick CV question on mcp/mcsa status etc

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by rockstar6181, Sep 19, 2006.

1. rockstar6181

rockstar6181 Byte Poster

I have redone my CV as of late and my gf was looking over it and made a good point. I dont have listed I am a MCP as I recently added the MCSA to my CV, I assumed people reading it would know that if you have a MCSA you would have a MCP, my gf says that some agencies just dont know this and would overlook me as some ads ask for a MCP certifed person but wouldnt know that a MCSA would be this and more so to speak, what are peoples views on this?

Certifications: A/N+ MCSA 2003
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I always list mine as:

Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician
    Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator

Underneath these I list the exams that I have taken.

3. rockstar6181

rockstar6181 Byte Poster

Excellent, thank you :D

4. Print Screen

Print Screen New Member

Perhaps add the abbreviation in brackets as well so when companies search for "MCSE", etc they don't miss you out.

Certifications: CCNA, ECDL, PCM
    WIP: A+ MCSE
  5. bloomfieldliam

bloomfieldliam Bit Poster

Given my experience of late with agencies, you need to spell it all out, had one last week wanting to know why there wasn't any hardware stuff on my CV, I was going to point out the A+ but it would have been useless, I had to spell it out to them.

Liam

Certifications: A+, MCP XP, MA in IT, ECDL
  6. rockstar6181

rockstar6181 Byte Poster

yeah thats been my problem or should i say the agencies problem I have expirenced as of late, I even had to take away the 2003 off my MCSA listing as one asked why it was 3 years out of date

7. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

They really don't have much of a clue but that's hardly surprising when you consider how many different certifications there are in IT. I have to admit not being conversant with them all :oops:

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  8. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

Most IT recruiters are simply CV shifters, not IT people - they, adn the software they use, work on the principle of keyword searching. They won't have a clue in the main unless you spell it out.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: MCITP