Question Regarding MCDST Exams

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by asanthadenz, Feb 17, 2008.

1. asanthadenz

asanthadenz Bit Poster

Question:

I've taken my 70-272 Exam at Horizon, Birmingham and i found most of the questions are similar to the Material i have studied, like the MS Books and DC Nugget Learning Software.

I will be taking my 70-271 exam tmrw, but at the Leicester center..

My question is, do all these places use the same testing software? Or do they vary!

I understand that the questions are generated randomly, but do they use the same testing software?

Certifications: MCDST
    WIP: MCITP
  2. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I can only speak for tests I have taken at Pearson Vue centres, and the testing software was all the same over a whole range of exams I have taken. I see no reason why it wouldn't also be standardised for Prometric as well.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  3. thewrinklyninja

thewrinklyninja New Member

Prometric use the same software for their test as well. Pearson Vue will have a standard for themselves as well. As I would imagine they have to get certified by MS as an exam provider and having different SW flying about at different test centres would be security nightmare.

Certifications: MCP
    WIP: MCDST
  4. asanthadenz

asanthadenz Bit Poster

Hey guys, just did the 70-271 exam today and passed with a SCARY 700 Marks :blink

That was close!!, I think i didn't really study as hard as i previously did with the 70-272, which i scored 890, I think i was overconfident into thinking that the 271 wasn't going to be hard. Well it wasn't but i made a lot of silly mistakes on the Network base questions...

So I'm now officially a MCDST.

Thank You all for your help :D

5. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Congrats on the pass, and on your becoming an MCDST. :D

6. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Congratulations 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. asanthadenz

asanthadenz Bit Poster

Thank you guys..

Just a quick questions, since i am a MCDST now, does that mean if i sit the 70-621 Paper and pass it, i will be a MCITP aswell, but id have to renew the MCITP every 3 years.

Am i correct in saying this..

Thank You

9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yes. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!