Question on passmark

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by AlanP, Dec 22, 2009.

1. AlanP

AlanP New Member

Hi there,

I have just taken my 1st Transcender test for 70-271, and only reached 78% :( would this currently be enough to pass? im just curious atm :biggrin

Certifications: None
    WIP: MCDST
  2. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

Yout not far off, but I would sit a few more before you go for it. Also try the MS press on that comes witht he books, as you may score differently in that (I always find I score lower in that one).

Good Luck.

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  3. alsy

alsy Bit Poster

That's funny that you score lower on the MS Press tests than Transcenders. I find it the other way around. Got 100% on the last MS Press ones, did a Transcender the next night and got 40%. Then past the exam the next day.

Wouldn't suggest sitting an exam after getting 40% though!!!! I think I was a bit tired.

I used to only sit an exam after I was getting high 90%, but now I'll sit it regardless of the score I'm getting in the mock exams as long as I understand the reasons why I get a question wrong and also whether I feel confident that I know the material.

Certifications: MCNE, CNE5&6, MCSA, N+, Project+, ITILv2
    WIP: MCSE2K3
  4. crazy horse

crazy horse Byte Poster

The passing score for Microsoft exams is 700 out of 1000, (due to the way its marked this does not necessarily mean its 70%).

My advice is to see which areas you scored weak in and go back to the book on those areas. Then use a combination of the Transcender and MS Press exams to see where you are after that. (Although remember that once you have taken an exam it will lose its value if you keep taking it, as you will know the questions that are coming up)

I think as long as you know the content and are scoring highly in the mocks, you will be fine! Good luck :biggrin

5. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Knowing the answers is the problem, unless you're worried about time.
    I normally run my practice exams in a mode where I can't see the answers (or any indication if a particular answer is right or wrong), only the summary at the end, until I'm hitting 75%-80%+.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job