Question on Fundamentals 1.8

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by BrotherBill, Sep 7, 2007.

1. BrotherBill

BrotherBill Byte Poster

When I first started working with the objectives of the Fundamentals exam, my thoughts for Domain 1.8 were that they were referring to physically communicating.

1.8 Demonstrate ways to communicate effectively using Internet technology.

My initial thoughts were along the line of:

Then, I was reading through the CramSession study guide. Their take was more along the line of presenting yourself properly.

For those of you that are familiar with the exams, do I need to focus on the physical means of communication or the proper morals of communication. I don't mind learning both options, but I'm also working on a CIW Wiki and would like to keep it along the direction of the exams. Any thoughts?

2. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

The Cramsessions guide is correct. It correctly refers to the material that will be on the exam.

Certifications: C&G Electronic, CIW Associate (v5).
    WIP: CIW (Website Design Manager)
  3. BrotherBill

BrotherBill Byte Poster

Well, that definitely seems to simplify matters a little. Just my luck. Now on top of everything else, I gotta learn how to be nice on the computer.

Thanks StuPeas,
    Bill

4. thecatsmother

thecatsmother Byte Poster

Hoping you'll take this correction in the spirit it's intended. I wouldn't be correcting you if you weren't talking about writing a wiki on the CIW certs, but since you are you should note that the section of the material you're talking about here is Foundations, not Fundamentals. You might be confusing the name with Javascript Fundamentals and Perl Fundamentals from the Web Languages section.

WIP: CIW Website Design Manager
  5. BrotherBill

BrotherBill Byte Poster

Thanks for the correction. I did at least get it correct in the Wiki. Must have been in a hurry when I posted.

Broke down and ordered the self-study kit for the Foundations (510). Maybe I can keep on track with my studies. Or at least research the right information.

By the way, if you would like to take a look at the wiki, you can find it here. So far I've just gotten started on the Foundations.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/CIW_Certification

Thanks again,
    Bill