Question for my Friend

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Arunram, May 31, 2009.

1. Arunram

Arunram Byte Poster

Hello Folks,
    This question is for my friend not for me.He s going to get registered in certforums soon...

My question is,
    He get an opportunity to work for Alcatel-lucent as a fresher...actually he had done his CCNA course in an institute.Actually he s confused now since alcatel-lucent is a different platform i.e they are using different commands etc...if he s into Alcatel,will he be able to move to cisco platform after many years in alcatel or can he wait to work in a cisco platform?please advise....Is alcatel a good platform to learn and establish himself? After many years of experience in Alcatel,if he is terminated from Alcatel will he be able to find a job very easily?...since he dont know much about Alcatel,he wants me to ask this...

CHEERS!!!!!!

Certifications: MCP
    WIP: MCSE
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi

Does it really matter? If he/she is offered a job, especially in this climate, I would say take it. Who knows when the next job offer will come round?

Yes, otherwise they wouldn't be in business. They ain't the market leaders, but then again they ain't the bottom of the barrel either. Remember not everyone uses Cisco (even though they are the market leaders).

This depends on him, the amount of CPD he does, the area he's in, if he's willing to travel and the job market.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security