question for Gaz 45

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Stu_C, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Stu_C

Stu_C Byte Poster

Im presuming from your earlier posts that you have done the first C# exercise.

Ive just finished doing question 3 (the litres to gallons conversion) and was wondering how you tackled the problem.
    Whilst not trying to give to much away to anybody else not yet at this stage, what are they expecting from us? how did you tackle it?

What i have written basically does the job, but i feel it may be over complicated and sloppy for what they want. Am i supposed to use classes and methods at this stage or am i just showing them that i understand the logic of programming. I only ask this as looking through the exercises some state what Techniques you have to use to produce the code.

As the chatrooms and Forums for the course im on seem to be deserted most of the time i thought you might be able to pass on your experiences.

Stu_C

ps (To Admins) a .Net Forum would be nice, a place for all the programmers to hang out.

Certifications: Bsc(Bronze Swimming Certificate)
    WIP: C# MCP, MCAD
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi Stu,

We do already have the Programming, Scripting and Web Design Forum

Closest we have at the moment :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. Stu_C

Stu_C Byte Poster

Yeah, i know that forum exists but it seems to mostly exist of web queries. Ive seen a few posts about a MCAD or MCSD Forum. A .Net one Could filter out the Programming From Web posts and cover most of the certs relating to it.

Thinking though, the low amount of programming posts could be due to it been easy or nobody is doing it. :wink:

Stu_C

4. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I think perhaps a Microsoft Software Development forum in the Microsoft Certification section would be best, catering to MCSDs and MCADs (Legacy and .NET stuff combined)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  5. Gaz 45

Gaz 45 Kilobyte Poster

Only just found this question!

I'm afraid I haven't done that, have yet to do any C# with Computeach, as I'm doing the MCDBA then a C#.NET MCP.
    Sorry I can't help you with that.

I assume by now you've sorted it?

Certifications: MCP (70-229, 70-228), MBioch
    WIP: MCDBA (70-290)
  6. Stu_C

Stu_C Byte Poster

yes thanks, i managed to have a chat with a tutor and he sorted me out.

Stu_C

7. CarlosTSG

CarlosTSG Bit Poster

Hi all,

I've just got a question for those who are training with Computeach and doing the MCAD. On Friday I'd recieved stage one, IT Fundamentals, which I have no problems with, though I'm just puzzled with the Certificate of Enrolment. It say's I'm pursing a course of study for the C&G Preliminary Certificate in Applications Programming in C - subject No 424 and Computeach Diploma in C++.

Is this right? cause I thought I was doing a microsoft certification in C# / .NET and not a City & Guilds?

So am I right in thinking, before you can start on C# you must have complete knowledge of C and C++. It would be useful to know about both of them but the sales guy didn't mention you've actually got to know it all.

If this is the normal route to MCAD, then that's alright. I'm just worried that they've put me on the wrong course, that's all.

Carl.

WIP: MCAD
  8. Stu_C

Stu_C Byte Poster

Im only taking the 316/315 with computeach and im going to do the 320 self study, so my certificate of enrolment reads `pursuing a course of study for the certificate Microsoft Certified Professional`.

I would ring Computeach and check with them that you are doing the right course. Stage 1 and 2 are the same for everybody but stage 3 should be your actual course which if your doing the MCAD in C# i would of of thought it would be the Microsoft Visual C#.Net as your course should be the same as mine except you do the 320 (XML/stage 6) stuff with them aswell.

C/C++ and C# are quite different.

Stu_C