Question about Multiple Choice

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by Methodman85, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Methodman85

Methodman85 Byte Poster

I was just wondering if the multiple choice questions on the Cisco exams tell you how many answers to choose if there are multiple answers in the list like Microsoft's does (Choose 2, etc)

Certifications: MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, CCNA, MCDST, N+
    WIP: 70-680
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

having not sat a cisco exam since 2003 I can't really remember!

what I can do though is reply to your post to bring it back to the top of the pile so someone who has done a cisco exam recently can answer.

8)

3. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Yes they tell you how many answers to pick.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Unfortunately, Cisco's NDA prevents me from revealing that info. Sorry! :(

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

Exam Pattern: The pattern may vary from exam to exam, depending on how many questions are there to be answered. The question types found on the CCNA exam are:

* Multiple Choice with Single answer: Student is required to select a single answer from a range of options (generally 4-5) by clicking on a radio button.

* Multiple Choice with Multiple answer: Student is required to select a range of options. The number of options to select is specified. The selection is made by clicking on a checkbox. A “v” appears against selected checkboxes.

* Drag And Drop: These questions are graphical in nature. Student is required to drag options to different drop areas.

* Fill in the Blank: Student is required to type in the missing text to complete the sentence.

* Router Simulation: Router simulation questions test knowledge of Cisco IOS in simulated environment. All of Cisco IOS commands are not supported by the simulator, however the task can be performed with the available commands in the simulator. Do note that the exam engine may be slow when switching between the simulator-based questions and the standard multiple-choice questions.

See here

-Obie

Certifications: MCITP:SA,MCTS(x5),MCSE2K3;MCSA2K3:M;MCP
    WIP: EDA7,70-652,Project+,MSP(70-632)
  6. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

Or just do what Obie does and actually have a look at the questions and answers beforehand:lolbang

Disclaimer
    We do not condone this type of behaviour. Though we appear to tolerate it!

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  7. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Slightly uncalled for in this context mate. If you have a beef against a member regarding practices that are in breach of the site T's & C's, raise it with a member of staff, rather than griping about it in a thread which has nothing to do with the issue.

As it stands, it was uncalled for in this context, since the site that Obinna has quoted is certified 'safe' by certguard. Certainly, regardless of your feelings towards the member, I have not seen a single post of his (certainly recently) actively promoting braindumping. Again, if you have evidence to the contrary, perhaps you should be raising it with Staff.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
    Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Alas, the complaints have fallen on deaf ears. If the forum admins will tolerate Obinna but come down on Skulker for making a comment like that, then this would be a forum I would no longer want to frequent. :thumbdwn

Doesn't matter if the site's been rated safe by CertGuard... Cisco's NDA prevents us from revealing ANY info about the exam... including the number and type of test questions. I'd link to the NDA, but I'm pretty sure you can find it on your own.

Pffft! Just the other day, Obinna was offering up copyrighted material!!! How much rule breaking does somebody have to do to be tossed out on their ear around here???? :x

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

cheers BM but dont worry about it

I'll try to be less principled in the future

I'm getting used too seeing people who have dumped their way through every certification and respond to questions by googling the question then cutting and pasting the answer. Props to them I guess

Guess I'm the sucker with my hard work

Ciao

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  10. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

CertGuard isn't the be all and end all. Just because a site is listed as safe doesn't mean it's not breaking an exam provider's NDA / terms and conditions.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  11. Methodman85

Methodman85 Byte Poster

Sorry guys, I didn't know info like this was a breach of the NDA.
    Anyways thanks for the responses. I have my CCENT on monday so this puts my mind at ease a bit (knowing if you need to pick the one best answer instead of all possible answers in a multiple answer question).

Certifications: MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, CCNA, MCDST, N+
    WIP: 70-680
  12. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I guess the real answer is 'does it really matter'?

If you are faced with an exam question that says 'choose one', 'choose all that apply' or 'click on the smiley face' there is still only one correct answer...

:biggrin

Good luck by the way!

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  13. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

That is not an answer, that is a question.

The answer is.. Nothing really matters. Just ask Freddy Mercury. :ymca

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)