Question about CNNA Exam

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by MadMat, Oct 15, 2010.

1. MadMat

MadMat Bit Poster

When doing the Simulator and simlet questions on the exam, do you get to use all the usual editor functions that the IOS command line provides?

Can I use TAB complete or ?

and can you abbreviate commands like with real IOS -

can I type "sh ip int br" or do I need to type out "show ip interfaces brief"

Mat

Certifications: CCENT
    WIP: CCNA
  2. billyr

billyr Kilobyte Poster

The tab function is supported as are abbreviations and the IOS help (?) feature. Not all commands are supported though, for example you would still have to do "copy run start" instead of the older "WR" command.

Certifications: CCNP, CCSI, MCSE W2k/W2k3, MCITP_SA
    WIP: Taking it easy for a while.
  3. TheITCrowd

TheITCrowd Kilobyte Poster

To be honest I would not worry about it, I just carried on as normal when I was doing the sims as though I was at work, as all ready said the only annoying thing is not being able to use wr mem!

Certifications: Network + |CCNA |MCTS-70-680,MCTS-70-401, MCTS-70-656, MCTS-70-351 |HP AIS ProCurve Networking -2011 | HP2-896 |VCD-CP27|JNCIA |Hewlett Packard ASE - Network Infrastructure (2011)
    WIP: 642-813
  4. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

there is something i know very well is that you can not use tab everytime whereas you can abbreviate
    commands.

Certifications: CCNA