Question about Bootcamp courses

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Methodman85, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Methodman85

Methodman85 Byte Poster

Is it common practice for Bootcamp courses to supply brain dump practice exams at the end of the course?
    The reason I ask is because I was talking to one of the new Developers at the company I work for. He stated that he had went down to the states to take a bootcamp course on.. I believe it was an SQL server 2005 cert, anyways he said that the practice exam he took on the last day of the course contained some of the exact same questions/answers that were on the actual exam.
    He could not remember the name of the practice test vendor, but he said it wasn't the same company that was offering the course.
    Is this why some of these courses gurantee you a pass?

Certifications: MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, CCNA, MCDST, N+
    WIP: 70-680
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Yes some are, we have had a few people who have done bootcamps on here and ther bootcamp instructers actually gave them well known braindumps to achieve the pass.

These people were not aware they were using braindumps but they knew afterwards.

Always use http://www.certguard.com/search.asp to check the validity of practice exams and companies, just type the URL in the box and it will tell you if its safe or illegal.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Unfortunately, yes.

Again, it's unfortunate, but true. A high pass rate helps their company look better. But it ruins the integrity of the certification if everyone cheats to get it.

Many people use braindumps and don't even realize it's cheating! The only realistic way we can combat braindumping is by letting people know what it is and why it's wrong. Sadly, some people will cheat, regardless.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Methodman85

Methodman85 Byte Poster

Wow that's crazy, I would of never thought that.
    Paying 4-10 grand for a course and at the end they supply you with BDs... if I knew that I'd be quite pissed.
    I guess it's not that bad because you are actually learning the material before hand... But I wonder how many people actually failed the practice BD exams, and as a result were able to pass the real thing because they were given the correct answers at the end.

Anyways, this just makes me realize even more that self study is the way to go.

Certifications: MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, CCNA, MCDST, N+
    WIP: 70-680
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

If you have 4-10k to pay for some crap like this, why not give it to me so I can put a deposit on a new beemer then I'll give you some books.

These places are not interested in your cert status only how much they can take off you, and if they can pass you and up their status (by helping you cheat), they will.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?