1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quartz Electronics

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by grizz3210, Feb 26, 2008.

1. grizz3210

grizz3210 Byte Poster

hi guys

i have a telephone interview with the above today but am having problems finding info about the company on the internet there is not a lot of info to be had.

I know that they were bought by evertz which is canadan company just outside Burlington.

does any one have any info by any chance?

thanks in advance

andy

Certifications: A+ N+ MCTS-vista
    WIP: MCDST
  2. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

I can give you lots of information about Burlington, but that's probably not what you're looking for :twisted:

3. grizz3210

grizz3210 Byte Poster

Thanks any way
    had a look on google map look like a really nice area.

4. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

I don’t know what kind of info you’re looking for, as I don’t know what role you’re being interviewed for. It looks like Quartz is the name of their UK division.

You’ve probably already got this, but you asked so…
    Here’s what I can tell you about Evertz. The company has a global presence including Canada (close to Toronto); in the US it's NY, Cali, and DC; as well as the UK and Hong Kong. see here

They are in 6 trade shows this year.

…again since I don’t know what role this is for these questions may not be valid but I’d ask (at the appropriate time):
    - Understanding that Quartz is an Evertz company, please explain the relationship (you’re looking to see where your direction comes from, where your manager sits…
    - How large is your team? Is your team responsible for any other global site?
    - Are you supporting internal clients or public customers? What are common types of issues (Windows domain issues; product questions; …)

Looks like a good and growing company. I saw the careers page and there are some great opportunities for the right candidate.

Good Luck… :sunny

5. grizz3210

grizz3210 Byte Poster

Hi sunn

thanks for the info the role
    i was going for was the jr IT/facilities one in the uk.
    think i messed up the interview :rolleyes:
    asked a lot about servers which i have no real world experience in and was not expecting for this role.
    and went blank when was asked about vpn set up i'm ok now (always the way:dry)