QA Apprenticeships

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Ragnarok494, May 3, 2011.

1. Ragnarok494

Ragnarok494 New Member

Hi guys

I'll post an intro on myself in the intro forum in a sec but in a nutshell I'm a computer mad guy who wants to get into the games industry or just general software developing.

I'm coming here cos this forum saved me from a bad spot with a certain careerjobsuk and I'm hoping to find some consensus on QA Apprenticeships.

now firstly, QA is on the government apprenticeships website and they've got their website and at first glance they appear legit blah bla blah

however, what's given me pause is, QA Apprenticeships is the same employer/learning provider that was on the job description for software developer apprenticeship on totaljobs.com. this job application, once applied for, however lead me to *dun dun duuuun* careerjobsuk. the guy said he was from QA, then careerjobs then the program said it was from mindleaders. now the latter two have a very dodgy reputation. and given the circumstances I'm wary of applying for an apprenticeship with QA.

Does anyone have any previous experience; heard any rumours or fallen into a scamtrap with these guys?

2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

We have 2 QA apprentices working on our team, 3rd line server support team. I think QA partner with anyone they can get you in the door with so that you'll get practical experience that validates the Windows 7 courses they will give you etc. I'm not really sure what's in it for QA but its been very successful with my employer.

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs