Q about 271 book

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by _omni_, Oct 2, 2006.

1. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

Gonna be starting the 271 now. I've borrowed the 1st edition of the MS Press 271 from a friend. I know there's a second edition out.

Q: Has anyone used the 271 1st edition recently and if so, how have you found it? Has it been decent for the exam, or did it seem like an update would be in order?

Certifications: MCSE 2003, MCSA:M
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

_omni_, as an already qualified MCSE I think that you will have no difficulties with this exam regardless of which version of the book you use.

I havent used the MS Press book for this exam so I can't really comment anymore. 8)

3. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

Yeah but I'd rather not waste time studying a book which isn't very relevant to the exam anymore. But anyhow I'm starting with it, let's see how it goes.

4. Venice

Venice Bit Poster

I used Edition 2 and there were things in the exam that weren't even covered in that(!)

Pay particular attention to more recent features like Service Pack 2, Firewall, Wireless Connections and Exchange

Good Luck :thumbleft

Certifications: MCDST, MCSA 2003, MCSE 2003
    WIP: tbc
  5. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

Thanks. Well I guess it really doesn't matter whether they're covered or not, because I really should already know them.8)

6. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

So why are you studying for this exam as from what I can see in the topics covered, you have already been there and done that and more?

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  7. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

Because I've got enough exam vouchers. :D

8. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Ah so it's a freebe :biggrin

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)