Publisher 2003 printing problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by philbenson, Mar 11, 2008.

1. philbenson

philbenson Byte Poster

I'm supporting a small network at a primary school. Single Server running Server 2003 along with XP on the workstations.

Last week I installed or rather upgraded MS Office from the XP version (2002) to 2003. This week I have come in and been told that no one can print when using Publisher. No problems using any other Office app.

I've logged on this morning and both a student user and also admin user. This confirmed that when you attempt to print in Publisher a message comes up saying cannot connect to selected printer etc etc.

I've downloaded the latest driver for the relevant printer (Tally Genicom 8008) but it has made no difference. The school has got profiles set up so I naturally wondered if this was the cause of the problem, but other Office apps are unaffected as I said.

Anyone got any ideas or experienced the same? I'm on site at the School till about 12 today.

Certifications: MCP, MCP+I, MCSE, MCSA, MCTS
    WIP: CCNA(?)
  2. philbenson

philbenson Byte Poster

Sorted - Installed SP3 for Office 2003 and Publisher now printing...

Certifications: MCP, MCP+I, MCSE, MCSA, MCTS
    WIP: CCNA(?)