1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Public Folder/MAPI error after a 'successful' Exchange server re-build...

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dubfire, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Dubfire

Dubfire Byte Poster

Hi,

I recently undertook the task of rebuilding an exchange server after the previous one went belly up.

I now have email, both externally and internally, working. The only issue that remains is accessing the newly created public folders. I can create a folder in EM but when I attempt to access the permissions I receive an error relating to a MAPI issue:

'The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error:
    The attempt to log on to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer has failed.
    The MAPI provider failed.
    Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store
    ID no: 8004011d-0512-00000000'

The store is mounted. I presumed this was a permission issue, but after giving everyone full access (to test) to the top level all the way down to the actual PF the same error appeared.

I have a hunch that this is due to AD still having remnants of the old server within the domain. I had to remove the previous instance of the server using ADSI edit in order to re-install Exchange in the first place so I'm kinda clutching at straws now regarding what else can be left from the old server.

Any ideas, guys?

Certifications: N+, 270.
    WIP: 291 then 284 for the MCSA.. ITIL...
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Microsoft: Exchange 2003 - Event ID 9175 after deleteing old mailbox store

Messaging @ Microsoft Exchange Server: System Attendant Mailbox Missing: Users getting NDRs, Cant Move Mailboxes...

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Exchange 2007\2010
  3. Dubfire

Dubfire Byte Poster

Once again cheers Sparky lad, I'm back at site next week so I'll be able to give these articles a bash. I've considered dismounting the current (problematic) public folder and creating a tree with a new public folder. I'm also going to get busy with ADSI edit once more - as I think remanants of the old server still remain - that (old) server is really starting to do my nut in mate :tune

Certifications: N+, 270.
    WIP: 291 then 284 for the MCSA.. ITIL...