Ps3 rlod

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by alexdc12, Feb 22, 2011.

1. alexdc12

alexdc12 Kilobyte Poster

anyone ever attempted fixing this? how's you get on? how long did the fix last? my mate has asked me to fix his and im game! looks quite straight forward to me, any tips/advice would be muchly appreciated!
    thanks

Certifications: GNVQ Advanced IT, CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+, 70-680
    WIP: 70-685, ITIL v3 Foundation
  2. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

I did but its really only a temp thing, if you go to youtube you'll find the heatgun method

1st - lasted 1 month
    2nd - 2 weeks
    3rd - couple of hours
    4th - enough time to eject disk and backup lol :)

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  3. alexdc12

alexdc12 Kilobyte Poster

thats the method i was gonna use :D

4. alexdc12

alexdc12 Kilobyte Poster

Done it! took 2 attempts tho
    :D

5. CBAdvisor

CBAdvisor New Member

This article will give you the Safest, Easiest and Quickest way to Fix the YLOD, Red Light of Death.

In order to fix the RLOD error on your PS3, you should try the following 3 things:

1 - Restart your console.
    2 - Take out all cables, and plug them back in.
    3 - Take out the hard-drive, and place it back in your PS3 console.

If these 3 tips didn't help you to fix your PS3 red light error, then it's high likely that you need to open up your console, and fix the problem from within. I really can't help you with that, because you'll need step by step instructions that's coming along with either videos or pictures. But, you've got 3 options to get your hardware problems solved.

There Are 3 Ways To Fix Your PS3 Red Light Problems.

1) If you have no idea of to fix the PS3 yourself, you could send your PS3 back to Sony and let them figure out how to repair the problem. This can take some time and unfortunately if your warranty has expired you will be paying around $150.

2) Take your PS3 to your local repair shop and let them fix it. The downside to this is that they can't guarantee that your PS3 will be fixed.

3) Fix your PlayStation 3 by yourself. If you don't know how to fix ps3 flashing red light, then it's no problem. It's not hard or expensive, and I was lucky to stumble across this site that sorted me out in no time.

To fix your PlayStation 3 by yourself, I'd recommend that you take a look at ******** This is a step by step guide with detailed instructions and pictures how to fix your PS3 problems. It also contains bonuses for after your reparation.

I hope this helps, maybe a small fee but who cares, it worked for me permanently, 18 months on and no worries.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2011