Promotion

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by JazzyJay, Oct 22, 2006.

1. JazzyJay

JazzyJay Bit Poster

Hi all,

Apologies for not being on for a while put since passing my a+ in April and then moving house in May life has been very hectic!

Pleased to say that the house is all done and decorated and the best news is I have been offered a job at my companies Helpdesk supporting our bespoke POS software for petrol station kiosks.

Been at my company for 5 years now as a resource planner and decided to take it upon myself to get some I.T certs.

A year later and my boss has recognised my enthusiasm and willingness to learn and has offered me a job in the Helpdesk after I did a weeks trial so looking forward to my first day tomorrow. Best thing is I have also been given a 4k raise! so not only have I got my foot in the door and I been offered a raise too!. :rocks

I'm sure it wont be a walk in the park but the skies the limit for me now.

Gonna have a good drink this weekend! :beers2

Certifications: CompTIA A+, OCR Level 2
    WIP: Network+, 70-270
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Welcome back mate and congrats on the raise 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats, makes all the hard work worthwhile! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

congrats :)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  5. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Congrats on the promotion mate. Now you've got your foot in the door make the most of it. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  6. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Congratulations on the promotion :)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  7. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Excellent news :)

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  8. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Good job on the promotion and good luck with the new position.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  9. JazzyJay

JazzyJay Bit Poster

Thanks for that guys...

First day today of my 3 month probation, Not very exciting as just sat next to a mate of mine watching him dial into a few sites and rectifying faults via ghost imaging but all in all good to be able to sit there all day relaxing and actually see what the Helpdesk gets up to as there was a rumour in the call centre that they dont do alot but they looked quite busy to me!!!

I think im gonna enjoy working here and just hope I can get as many years experience as I can...although id like to think ill be there forever especially as I now get 25 days holiday as i've recently completed 5 years service, but you never know whats round the corner...:rolleyes:

Certifications: CompTIA A+, OCR Level 2
    WIP: Network+, 70-270
  10. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Jazzy,

Think of the positive things matey. I, for one tend to be more pesimestic than I should be, but do as I say and not as I do. :biggrin
    Did you never play <Simon Says> :biggrin

Seriously, five years in any <one> position/place should and will be respected by <the management>.

Best of luck.

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT