Promoted!

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Haze, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Haze

Haze Nibble Poster

Thought I'd share I got a promotion at work after 22 months in my first IT role, now 2nd line and very positive about the future. Have learned an incredible amount so far and picked up several qualifications in the process with a big tip of the hat to Certforums for the help and support with certifications as well as positive vibes from people in the industry, such an invaluable resource.

I must say it is nice going from someone who dropped a lot of salary to come into the IT industry to seeing some financial reward now in a career I'm genuinely into.

Job not done yet though, every criticism, every pat on the back just makes me work harder :twisted:

Certifications: MCSA (Windows 7), MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (Windows 7), MCTS: Windows 7 & Office 2010 Deployment, Level 3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence, Level 3 Certificate in ICT Systems and Principles, Advanced Level Apprenticeship for IT Professionals
    WIP: MCSA: Server 2012
  2. BB88

BB88 Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

Brilliant stuff mate. Its good to see in the current climate - that phrase seems so overplayed now!

What will you be taking on in the new position ?

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCSA: Office 365,, 70-410, 70-680
    WIP: CompTIA: Security+
  3. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Excellent! Well done:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  4. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Superb my friend, well done. Will you have any certs lined up to go with your shiny new position?

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  5. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

Nice! Always a great feeling when one gets this type of recognition :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  6. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Well done and congratulations as always good to see your hard work paying dividents:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  7. Haze

Haze Nibble Poster

Thanks for the comments so far! Didn't post this to blow my own trumpet by the way - more to show that with hard work you can get success even in today's climate :D

@BB88 - I'm quite excited actually, we just lost a high end 2nd line but they're not too concerned, I'll now be spearheading our 2nd line technical team and training 1st line staff, my replacement is already in but they're recruiting for another too which frees up time for them to shadow me more. There's also another 2nd line tech joining me who I'll be helping along too so they have faith in my experience. I think it's the environment I'm in that's helped me along (private company providing outsourced IT to many different companies with different needs and contracts) so it can get hectic and the job is always varied. I've been doing 2nd line + level work for a while and really the promotion has just freed me up to concentrate on it fully and of course get paid for it. Just glad the opening came, I now get to hit 30 with some actual career success to speak of! Work-wise I'll do more site visits, higher level tech support and get steadily more involved with infrastructure.

@jk2447 But of course! I'll be starting with the 70-685 which I've already started working on but will be doing a course soon (work is an MS partner so they fund it too which is brilliant), that'll complete my MCITP before delving into Server Admin territory. Can't wait!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
    Certifications: MCSA (Windows 7), MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (Windows 7), MCTS: Windows 7 & Office 2010 Deployment, Level 3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence, Level 3 Certificate in ICT Systems and Principles, Advanced Level Apprenticeship for IT Professionals
    WIP: MCSA: Server 2012
  8. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats mate :)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  9. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Congrats!

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  10. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

Congratulations!

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  11. loca1hero

loca1hero Byte Poster

Congrats! its good to see someone from the IT brotherhood progress.... not sure if the "Brotherhood" is the right word to use ?:blink

Certifications: Network+ (004), MCP, see signature
    WIP: MCITP & few oths.Cisco aft sum XPri
  12. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Congrats!

Nothing wrong with blowing your own trumpet. Getting promotions is always a good thing.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  13. Cunningfox

Cunningfox Byte Poster

Congrats :).

Certifications: CCNP, CCNA, MCP
    WIP: ??