Prometric or VUE

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Jaron78, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Hi All,

Tad confused here.
    Im looking to take my A+ 701 end of August.

Just called QA in Liverpool Street and I have to go through Prometric. Called another company and I have to go through VUE.

Whats the difference please?

Cheers

2. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

You can register with https://www8.pearsonvue.com. Once you have registered with them, you can find all different training centres where you can take the test. They will list all the different centres around your area and you can also arrange to pay for the exam through them.

Regards

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
    Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

No real difference really, they both offer Comptia certifications.

-Ken

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
    Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Lovely, thanks Chaps.
    Will prob go with Prometric as Liverpool Street is a Tube journey away and VUE Vouchers arent taken at QA.

5. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Pretty much the same and some places are both Prometric and VUE (or they used to be). Personally I always found VUE had a better website (sometimes Pearson's is unusable) and VUE's booking system was better but it's been a long time since I used them when MS stopped using VUE.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  6. scott28tt

scott28tt Byte Poster

Some vendors only use one of the two companies - MS use Prometric, Cisco and VMware use Pearson Vue, for example.

My employer, Global Knowledge, offer testing for both Prometric and Pearson Vue in their training centres.

Best of luck for your exam :-)

Scott.

Certifications: VCP2, VCP3, VCP4, VCP5, VCAP4-DCA, VCI, MCSE (NT-2003)
  7. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

When given a choice, I always choose Vue. In the past, it's seemed that Vue centers had better quality equipment in their testing centers. I don't know if this is because they're more stringent with their partners, but it's almost always been the case. Moreover, due to a "glitch" about 10 years ago Prometric was kind enough to share my personal information with other users, which I did not appreciate. I've held that against them ever since. :twisted: