Prometric confirms March Retirement of MCDST

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by millsie, Feb 7, 2011.

1. quuuaid

quuuaid Nibble Poster

Many thanks for bringing this to the forum's attention Millsie and to GBL for chasing it up.

Having read the deadline date on the MS website a while ago, I'd kinda based my exam timings on the assumption that we had til end June & planned to sit 272 in May! I'm sure numerous others are in this situation, so hopefully common sense will prevail & prometric will extend. I can't imagine that they'd be unwilling as more exam dates = more paying customers after all.

Nevertheless, I'm as surprised as some others who have posted on this thread that either prometric overlooked\forgot this or microsoft didn't inform them!

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST
    WIP: Drupal, PHP
  2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Microsoft don't 'inform' people.
    They just put things on their website and expect people to keep themselves up to date...

:biggrin

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. millsie

millsie Byte Poster

My latest email to [email protected] due to not hearing anything from prometric:

I have yet to receive a posititive response from Prometric regarding the confusion between yourselves and them over the expiration date of the MCDST exams which you advise is the 30/06/11 but they believe to be 31/03/11.

There are many people I know including myself who require to take these exams after 31/03 who are unable to book them through prometric currently as their booking system will not allow.

Surely it is down to both Microsoft AND prometric to get this issue sorted as soon as possible so candidates can make a choice with regard to their planning to take and pass the exams in the time they are allowed. I am getting increasingly frustrated of the lack of communication from both parties from emails I have sent as to why this has yet to be sorted out and why Microsoft's choice of exam provider cannot seem to liase with you over the dates in question. They are just the providers, you are the creators and owners of them so surely they should organise themselves around you.

I would like an answer as soon as possible as to the progress of your investigations so that all the many people around the world and myself can still benefit from continuing support of the MCDST exams up to the time we still have to tke them at the end of June.

Sincerley

Mr S Miller

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
    Certifications: N+, CCNA, MCDST
    WIP: CCNP route 642-902
  4. millsie

millsie Byte Poster

Latest email from MS:

Hello Steve,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding MCDST Exams.

We apologize for the inconvenience it has caused.

As per Microsoft, it is confirmed that the exams for MCDST certification are scheduled to retire on June 30, 2011. As you are unable to register the exams with Prometric before the scheduled expiration date available on the Microsoft learning website, we suggest you to contact your local Microsoft Regional Service Center (RSC) to assist you further on this matter.

We have sent a copy of this email to your local Microsoft Regional Service Center. You may contact them directly via email at [email protected]

If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know. Thank you for contacting Microsoft.

Avtar
    [email protected]

I'm not sure where this is gonna get me, won't hold my breath, still waiting on Prometric from my original email!

5. quuuaid

quuuaid Nibble Poster

Yeah, not the resolute answer you'd hope for. Fingers crossed Prometric will reply. Do you think you'll take them up on their generous offer to contact the Regional Service Center? :rolleyes:

WIP: Drupal, PHP
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I have sent another email to prometric asking them why they have not replied to my first email and second why they still have not updated their test centers with appointment dates for candidates wishing to take the MCDST exams after March.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. millsie

millsie Byte Poster

Me too, i'm still in the process of chasing prometric, getting more response from MS, but they seem unable to tell me why prometric havent got dates after March, just keep telling me to contact regional offices etc.

However, they have confirmed in 3 seperate emails the expiry is 30/06/11 so goes someway to alleviate my concerns, but still doesnt solve the problem!
    Not happy with prometric at all and its a shame they are the only company to offer the exams for MS, i'd sooner go to Pearson Vue at this rate If i could! Nightmare!:twisted:

8. greenbrucelee

If I dont hear from them by Friday I will phone them.

On a weird note you have the exact same name as me 8)

9. thirdno3

thirdno3 Bit Poster

I have just got off the phone to a woman who works for QA and she has told me that they will be doing the exam up to the 30/06, they are just waiting for prometric to update there website.

Steve

10. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yeah, Steve's a really rare name. :twisted: :p

EDIT: Hey, look! Another Steve! Speechless Cat is speechless!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
    Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  11. greenbrucelee

lol I meant surname too :D

12. greenbrucelee

thanks for letting us know, I will let my collegue know as he has been sweating **** since he couldn't bok the 70-272.

13. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Speechless cat is again speechless. :ohmy

:biggrin

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  14. AjP

AjP Bit Poster

After speaking to someone on the phone yeaterday about the face that I cannot book an exam after 31st March I recieved this email:

Dear Candidate,

Thank you for your email.

Please be advised that, as per the recent update, the Microsoft exam (70-272) will retire on March 31, 2011. However, the candidates are being allowed a grace period till June 30, 2011.

Also be informed that the availability of test dates after March 31, 2011 cannot be guaranteed and will be entirely based on test site and seat availability.

You may visit the link http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/exam-dev.aspx#tab4 to review the list of exams, which are due to retire.

We hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to contact us if any further assistance is needed

Sincerely,

Candidate Care
    Prometric
    Noorderwagenplein 6
    8223 AL–Lelystad
    The Netherlands

I replied with:

I don’t understand

The exam 70-272 on http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/exam-dev.aspx#tab4

Is listed under Exams retiring on June 30, 2011

Your email states that “the Microsoft exam (70-272) will retire on March 31, 2011. However, the candidates are being allowed a grace period till June 30, 2011.”

I still cannot book the exam after 31st March at any test centre in Birmingham, UK:

QA Ltd - Birmingham
    BIRMINGHAM B5 4UA
    Phone: 44 121 6656465 Site Code: GB70 10TH FLOOR CENTRE CITY
    5 7 HILL STREET

GB Training UKLtd
    Birmingham B5 6RG
    Phone: 441216224218 Site Code: GBA40 Wynner House
    143 Bromsgrove Street

will I be able to book this exam after March 31st?

awaiting reply

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: 70-682, MCITP
  15. millsie

millsie Byte Poster

Latest email from Prometric:
    Dear Candidate,

Thank you for your email.

Please be advised that, as per the recent update, the Microsoft exam (70-272) will retire on March 31, 2011. However, the candidates are being allowed a grace period till June 30, 2011.

Also be informed that the availability of test dates after March 31, 2011 cannot be guaranteed and will be entirely based on test site and seat availability.

You may visit the link http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/exam-dev.aspx#tab4 to review the list of exams, which are due to retire.

We hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to contact us if any further assistance is needed

Sincerely,

Candidate Care

Prometric

This is still confusing and you still cannot book at any centre in the uk after 31/03, surely its not possible that all centres in the UK are booked up for 3 months? Very confusing!

16. greenbrucelee

I have just spoken to a guy at prometric he says that it still says 31st March on their system so thats why no test centers are available after March. He also says that their system is directly linked to MS so if they changed retirement dates etc their system is automatically updated.

He also says that some test centers only allow you to see available seats for two months.

17. buy_my_cookies

buy_my_cookies Bit Poster

Hi,

I have been worried about this also, just tried to book an exam in France and in the US, there is nothing there after 31/03/2011 either so at least its world wide and not just the UK not getting them, lets hope this gets sorted.

I want to book the 271 around mid March and book the 272 in May. If i book the 271 now and come March time you still cant book in April can i cancel the 271 exam and get a refund (anyone know prometrics policy on cancelations)? I'm not going to bother doing one if i cant do both.

Certifications: BTEC national diploma in computing.
    WIP: N+
  18. greenbrucelee

I spoke to someone in MTC sunderland and she said try again next week and hopefully the booking site will have been updated.

19. gulbash

gulbash Nibble Poster

My country have 5 Prometric centers. After March 31st all the seating are greyed out, it seems to be a world wide issue. Probably when March reach we might then see seatings for April and May? I emailed one of the test center in my country to see what they have to say about this, waiting their reply.

Certifications: A+, Network +, 70-680, 70-640, 70-642
  20. millsie

millsie Byte Poster

Still cannot believe that we cannot get a straight answer out of MS or Prometric, it really is ridiculous!

All it takes is a simple answer, yes, you will be able to book the exams after 31/03, thats all! Is that really to hard to cope with? lol!

:rolleyes::p:twisted: