Prometric and vue

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by dcuk, Feb 22, 2006.

1. dcuk

dcuk Bit Poster

sorry to flood the forum, but I want to ask another question.

I've found a vue test centre near me, but it's only open week days. I don't mind taking the odd day off, but I would like to see if I can mix and match between prometric and vue exam centres to get my certifications? I've searched the forums and some people talk about using both test centres, but they dont mention if it was for the same cert. course.

Oh and MS is doing a free re-take offer at vue in the UK

2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Yes, you can mix and match.

One thing to bear in mind though is that you may have to call MS up if you use different providers so that they can merge your id's, as you will have a different one for both Prometric and VUE.

8)

3. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

and the free retake is also for prometric, and worldwide.

Certifications: MCSE 2003, MCSA:M
  4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Yes what Simon said is true, you end up with two different MCP ID numbers. It is not a problem to merge them afterwards though. Just email or call Microsoft.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  5. supag33k

supag33k Kilobyte Poster

Merging numbers is the least they can offer considering the price gouge that exams represent.

Certifications: MCSE (NT4/2000/2003/Messaging), MCDBA
    WIP: CCNA, MCTS SQL, Exchange & Security stuff
  6. zenboy

zenboy Bit Poster

Just beware where you purchase your exam voucher. If you decide to purchase your voucher at Getcertify4Less.com site, the Thomson Prometric voucher that they have ARE NOT VALID for Microsoft 2nd shot offer. My friend found out the hard way when he was in just haste to purchase the Prometric voucher without checking the fine print.

7. dcuk

dcuk Bit Poster

The second shot isn't available with the 15% discount on the books either !.

O'h well booked my exam (with second shot), will see how it goes, though with the last couple of 270 posts, it seems that not much of whats covered in the book comes up in the exam. It's a bit cheeky putting in questions about bluetooth. I seem to be scoring well in transcenders so I hope all goes well.

dc