Progression from 271

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by CombatRock, Apr 30, 2011.

1. CombatRock

CombatRock Bit Poster

Hey guys, I am due to sit the 271 exam, and assuming that i pass i am wondering what progression i could take. I am not going to attempt the 272, due to time constraints. This will leave me(as i understand) with the MCP status. So i am wondering what exams i should sit after this, for optimum qualification.

Best regards

CR

Certifications: CCNA, CCNA SEC, INFOSEC (4011), MCP
    WIP: CCNP (R/S)
  2. Beerbaron

Beerbaron Megabyte Poster

If your time constraint is the MCDST expiring at the end of June then you have loads of time to revise and pass the exam.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
    WIP: CISSP
  3. CombatRock

CombatRock Bit Poster

What do you mean? i have only studied for the 271.

Assuming i only get the 271 before it expires, what is the best progression path?

CR

4. spoovy

spoovy Bit Poster

I think beerbaron means that you will have plenty of time to do the 70-272 as well as the 271, thereby gaining full MCDST certification.

I am currently studying for 272, and it covers much of the same ground as 271. I gave myself a month between the two exams and i'm pretty confident that it is enough time.

Famous last words...:)

Certifications: MCDST
    WIP: CCNA
  5. CombatRock

CombatRock Bit Poster

Unfortunately Due to going on holiday, i do not think it will be viable to consider sitting the 272, i have been very pushed to get through 271 in time8due to uni and work).

So lets assume i end with only the 271, where can i go from there?

CR