1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Profiles

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 Exams' started by vlb, Sep 22, 2007.

1. vlb

vlb Byte Poster

Hi Guys

since i am studyig for the 290 i think this is the right place for this question.

i have configured a roaming profile for a user on my home lab, i have changed the profile section of her user account to \\vlbsrv1\profiles\%username%.

when i log her onto the network her folder appears in the profiles share on my server "andersons"

i have ran the "set" command from the command window on her client machine and under "user profile" it says "c:\documents.......etc" so she is loggin on with the local profile.

i have assertained that she is using a network profile because i deleted something from her desktop folder on server and when i logged back in it was gone, so why in "set" does it say she is using local?.

one other thing is that when i wanted to set her profile as mandatory i know i have to go rename the ntuser.dat to ntuser.man, thing is that when her profile folder is created she is the only one that has access to it (unless i steal ownership of it) so how do i get in and change the dat file if i dont have access.

any ideas would be appreciated.
    Cheers

Martyn

Certifications: MCDST, MCP 70-294
    WIP: MCSE