Product Testers Wanted for Boson ExSim Max Exam Simulator Products

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by BosonMichael, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Hey, just the other week, you told me I was the one. You cheat. I want a divorce. :dry

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

you can keep him, I prefer ladies anyway... I'm just buttering him up for a job :twisted:

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I thought *he* was "the one". :D

[​IMG]

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Well if you don't get it let me know and i'll send another!

Technical accuracy is definatley something we always seem to be lacking in our stuff here. We specify that our software supports certain formats only to find that it does but only part way!

As for lacking in Vista experience, it would actually give me chance to improve on mine at a time when we're looking into Vista at work for new developing software. And if i could get Vista certified before any one else at work taht would be a big benefit!

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  5. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Zathras: All Minbari belief is around three. Three castes; Worker, Warrior, Religious. Three languages; Light, Dark and Grey. The nine of the Grey Council, 3 times 3. All is three. As you are three. As you are one. As you are, the One. You are the One who was. You are the One who is and you, you are the One who will be. You are the beginning of the story, and the middle of the story, and the end of the story. That creates, the next great story.

Zathras not of this time. You take, Zathras dies. You leave, Zathras dies. Either way, it is bad for Zathras

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  6. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Yeah, I guess that the format of the questions in the 70-297 doesn’t make it any easier! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

But I didn't post it... I almost posted it... Arro? Arro?!?? Come back!!! <CTRL+V> You're the only one!!! :ohmy

Crap, there goes another one... :dry

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. BosonMichael

Meh, we handle SQL case studies... 297 doesn't phase us any. ;)

EDIT: That said... yeah, creating case studies isn't the most fun thing in the world. ;)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  9. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I say rat him out to Mrs. BosonMichael. :twisted:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  10. BosonMichael

Ultimate would be best, but something is better than nothing. Sure, some things relate to Vista Business... but other things relate to Vista Home Premium (both of which are essentially included in Ultimate). That doesn't mean you can't test... you just have to use what you have available to use, just like ANYTIME you study. Verify what you can, try to find verifiable documentation for things you can't directly verify using your own hands on your own computer. :)

11. BosonMichael

She hasn't left... yet. :blink:biggrin

12. BosonMichael

If I don't respond to you by the end of the day tomorrow, just to let you know I got it, then send me another one. You can also send it directly by myfirstname dot mylastname at boson dot com... my name's on my Sybex 70-620 book. :)

13. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I wouldn't mind testing out the 70-620, however since I already got the MCTS Vista - does that matter?

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  14. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I would have thought that would put you in a stronger position to test the material, as you have an *incredibly* thorough experience with the material already :biggrin

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  15. Kitkatninja

The Enee Menee Minee Moe system works a treat :biggrin

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  16. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Hah! Take him for every penny... oops... cent!

Hang on... he's been lying... he's already married... the swine... :twisted:

17. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

This is absolutely fantastic, and the sort of thing that adds to the kudos of this forum...

As an aside, you mention that a detailed review needs to be given within 30 days. How long does each Sim take? Is it a matter of tens of hours or a hundred or so hours?

Once again, excellent stuff.

Cheers

John

18. BosonMichael

Nope, doesn't matter at all. Since you've already taken the exam, you'll be in a good position to already know whether the product would have been a good study tool for you.

19. Kitkatninja

Already sent the e-mail :)

-ken

20. BosonMichael

It's entirely up to you as to how much or how little time you want to devote. However, the more usable comments you send, the more likely it will be that you are selected for subsequent opportunities. Thus, the more time you spend, the more likely it is that you will find errors in the product.

NO study tool (no book, no practice exam, no CBT product) is 100&#37; free of technical or grammatical errors, but we can endeavour to approach that goal. That's where you guys come in. :)

As far as how long it would take, download a demo of any of our products, take a look at the average length of the questions and explanations, and guesstimate how long it might take you to edit through them. Obviously, the more experience you have with a product, the less time it will take you to pick out errors. If you don't have a lot of experience, it'll take you longer, but then again, you'll be honing your own career and studies as you comb through our product. By the time you're done checking our facts... you'll DEFINITELY have a better grasp of the content. How could you not, after all that effort? 8)

The way I see it... it's a win-win for EVERYONE. You guys get free study tools, the quality of our products improve, your knowledge increases, and you vocal forum members can give absolutely honest opinions about Boson's products to others. Word-of-mouth advertising is incredibly important. If you guys absolutely KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that a product will prepare someone for an exam, you'll recommend it. More recommendations means more sales, which means we can hire more qualified writers, which means we can offer more products at a higher level of quality to you. Everybody wins.

You want good study tools you can count on? You can be a part of that process. :thumbleft