Product spokespeople

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by dales, Mar 7, 2009.

1. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Is it just me or is the forum getting hit by more and more reps from products and services talked about on this forum. I mean when someone mentions webserviceX then someone joins "webserviceX bobby" and puts their point across.

I can't decide if this is a good thing or just plain annoying..... discuss!!

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

At least they admit they work for the company in question. That can only be a good thing.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

The only time it becomes annoying to me is if they attempt to ram their product down your throat. Sure tell me about your product and if it is juicy enough then I'll bite if not, then stop "pimping" it to me.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If they want to truly become part of the community, then great! If they're just coming here for the sole purpose of pimping products or training classes, then they can pony up some cash to CF in exchange for ad space.

I've got my employer's name on the front of my username... but I'm sure I wouldn't have lasted on any of these forums had I joined for the sole purpose of promoting my employer's stuff. If I can become a part of the community, so can they.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

It does happen now and again, true but i don't see it as a major problem if they are trying to help or defend some negative criticism.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  6. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Hmm very true bluerinse, Its not a major problem but I think the thing that might have pinged my irritation radar, is the fact that they create accounts , post once or twice and then thats it. I dont know why there is something in the back of my head steaming when I see that (and it really shouldnt bother me) but it does.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  7. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

But we always get 1 post wonders, granted some of thm are spammers. However, if tey arn't spammers then they are welcome. As Bluerinse and BM said, as lond as they are not promoting their products and trying to use CF for free advertising then it can only be a good thing. These people can bring a different perspective to the forums.

If you think someone is promoting/advetising, then please feel free to report the post to the mods.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong