problem with time pc

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ttmoore, Jun 8, 2006.

1. ttmoore

ttmoore New Member

hi there back again about the wiring probs,the only imformation i can find is this Time 362-50-358
    358k06gb2b
    award pci/pnp
    lots of lgs chips hdd led, power sw,reset sw, speaker,1 white wire 1 green wire going to front of pc the other ends i dont know where they should go year of build 1999-2000
    power going to pc as fan comes on but only for a sec, also dont know what wires or whatever should go into back of dvd rom, ide1 ribbon going to hard drive ide 2 ribbon going to dvd rom on the edge of mother board 15 little pins wich i think are for the wires above (hdd,power reset). on the board is stamped N1996 and ms6166 ver:1.0 micro star . not holding out for much luck but i guess its worth a, try otherwise its binned. Aimed at Harry broomhall or others that might help.

Thanks ttmoore.

2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

You should be able to get the manual from Microstar here .

From your description, I suspect something is blown. The usual test is to disconnect every peripheral except the memory and the VGA, and try again.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

And if you can switch the PC on (even only briefly) then the rest of the connections on that set don't matter so much.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

Just had a look at that link Harry.

the exe file that you download, once unzipped, contains 5 PDF files. The one you need is named 6166-2.pdf, you will find the informatio you need on page 25-26.

Derek

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346