Print Management software alternatives

Discussion in 'Software' started by thetokyoproject, Feb 26, 2012.

1. thetokyoproject

thetokyoproject Byte Poster

Hi.

I've been looking at a product called 'Paper Cut' which has lots of bells and whistles and is quite expensive.

Just wanted to ask if anyone is using something else to manage printing.

Basically would like something to integrate with AD and just assign a quota to each user so they can't print beyond that quota.

Does anyone know of an open source application or an alternative to Paper Cut that would do this.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Certifications: 271
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

We have used Papercut now for a few years and compared to some, isn't expensive (but lets face it, expensive is a relative term)...

Anyway, PyKota has gotten good reviews for what it does... It may fit your needs :)

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. vitamin

vitamin Bit Poster

Papercut is superb! I run this at two sites and it runs very very well.

You do pay for what you get!:p

Certifications: A+ N+
    WIP: 70-680
  4. thetokyoproject

thetokyoproject Byte Poster

thanks wagnerk. i'll check this out.

vitamin. i totally agree with paying for what you get. however, linux is a free product and fairly good.
    but the main concern actually this year is our IT budget has been drastically cut, so we're struggling to get funding for a lot of things.

Certifications: 271