Prerequisites for VCP Course

Discussion in 'Virtual and Cloud Computing' started by sunilsaldanha, Sep 22, 2009.

1. sunilsaldanha

sunilsaldanha New Member

Hi,

I am working as an IT Helpdesk Analyst and was thinking about moving onto Virtualisation. Just wanted to know in order to take up the VCP course along with the exam, would I require to have any other certifications or core knowledge in networking or windows server administration etc... please advise...would be of great help....

2. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

I believe there are no pre-requisites, but the best would be to verify the VMWare website for this type of information.

The only prerequisite I know of prior to passing the exam, is to sit the 1 week course which can be a bit pricey.

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  3. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Its one of the few exams you MUST go on the course for I believe

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  4. sunilsaldanha

sunilsaldanha New Member

thanks for the info...and yeah only way to give the exam is to go through the 5 day course....

5. OnFire

OnFire Nibble Poster

I actually took the exam before taking the course, just to convince my employer I was good for it and to pay for the course. VMware will email you saying they cannot find a record of you having attended the course and ask you for details. Once you have taken the course, just email them back with the details and your done.

Certifications: See Signature
    WIP: None....at last!!
  6. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I've sat about three of the exams
    never taken the course, so never been a VCP

that has not stopped me working for a few VAC partners and VIP resellers as the head Virtualization honcho

I use the exam to show i'm not bluffing, but I have yet to find anyone who is willing to spend that sort of cash on someone when it won't actually equate to any additional skills, I've been using VMWare since GSX 1 / Workstation <somelownumber> back in 01 or 02 (I forget exactly)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0