1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Preperation for Broadband Support job advice needed

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Slimzee, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Slimzee

Slimzee Bit Poster

Hi all,

I got an interview this Friday for ADSL Broadband Technical Support role, Its a 1 hour interview with is fine but I also have to do a 30 minute test. I was hoping someone can give me some pointers on what sort of things they will expect me to know, its a written 30 minute test.

So far I have covered:

TCP/IP - Application Layer
    - Transport Layer
    - Network Layer
    - Data Link Layer

DNS
    Mail Platforms e.g POP3, IMAP, SMTP
    NNTP
    FTP
    ISDN vs Analog
    public vs private IP addresses

Thanks.

Certifications: A+, N+, CCNA, Windows 2008, Windows 7
    WIP: build my windows skills
  2. Jiser

Jiser Kilobyte Poster

All I can say is you better be able to take alot of flaCk!

You say the same things over and over again and take alot of cr*p from customers. Thats me speaking from the customer POV.

Have you changed your filter? Have you connected to the master socket bla bla.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), PGc, MCTS:Win 7, MCSA W7/MCITP EDST, ITIL Foundation, Prince 2 Foundation, C&G: Web Design, MOS 07: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook.
  3. Ozzy2k7

Ozzy2k7 Nibble Poster

Hey,

I'm working for an ISP doing Broadband Tech supp and while it helps to have the knowledge its not a must. I say this as most of the calls will be quite simple with people unable to plug things up.

HTH

Ozzy

WIP: A+ Network+
  4. trybar

trybar Nibble Poster

I will add, that in Poland most of my 8 months in ADSL as field technician was walking with high-level multimeter and measurements of parameters in cable cabinets.. then changing pairs from bad to good, lots of wrong usernames or passwords and lots of trojans on client's computer - why they never listen us saying - "get the firewall and antivirus, there's lots of free for home use"...??

Learning of those high-end multimeters with reflectometers, and ADSL2+ measure features was quite easy - few parameters to remember, couple buttons, and knowledge which one or two from dozens of readouts are important.

Certifications: A+ MOS MCP MCDST MCTS MCITP:EST MCSA MCS
    WIP: MCITP Server 2008