Preparing to take 70-272

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Vashal, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Vashal

Vashal New Member

Hello all, I'm getting ready to take the 70-272 exam. I had a question about the materials I've been using to study. I bought the Microsoft Press book for the exam and read through it, including the questions at the end of the chapters. Does the book cover the material that I will be tested on? How do those questions compare in difficulty to what I will have on the test? Thanks in advance for your help!

Certifications: MCP, A+
    WIP: MCDST
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

I have been impressed with all the MS press books I have used - they cover the objectives of the exam but you need to do the exercises along with it.

Boyce

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

I concur with Boyce, but the sybex books are also excellent for studying.

Vashal - goto the MS website and download the syllabus or
    Clcik Here

Make sure you have covered all the areas and if you still feel unsure get the MCDST Exam Cram to re-enforce your exam technique :biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I Like the ms press books, they do cover most of the objectives.

However I do find that some of the stuff they way it is phrased in a sentence does not make sense at times. I find my self searching google for answers once in a while.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I typically recommend MSPress and Sybex for Microsoft exams.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. Armchair Pimp

Armchair Pimp Byte Poster

I like the MS Press books.. used these to pass MCDST in a little of three weeks.. the measure-ups on them were particularly useful..

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL Found+Pract, A+
    WIP: MCSA, MCTS, MCITP
  7. Vashal

Vashal New Member

Thank you all for your input. I'm taking a little vacation next week and wanted to try to get my first exam out of the way before then, so it looks like I'm taking it tomorrow. I didn't have time to get ahold of the Sybex book so I guess I'll be sticking with the MSPress book and the Measure-Ups. I'm a little nervous, but I've read the whole book and do well on the practice questions. Hopefully everything will go well tomorrow at the testing center!

Certifications: MCP, A+
    WIP: MCDST