Preparing For The A+ OS 2003 Exam

Discussion in 'A+' started by Professor-Falken, Nov 18, 2006.

1. Professor-Falken

Professor-Falken Kilobyte Poster

I have been preparing for the A+ OS exam for the past few months.I read through the chapters of the Mike Meyers book that I need to pass the OS exam and then took a practice test through Self Test Software. I didnt pass I scored 73%. My weak areas are of course the more difficult concepts.
    Installation and Upgrading and Diagnosing and Troubleshooting.
    What I decided to do to prepare for the exam is go over the question I got wrong and study the explanations for the answers I got wrong to see if I can understand why I got the answer wrong. But I think maybe the best thing for me to do is to go over those chapters again in the Mike Meyers book. What do you think? I will be waiting for your answers.

This board is great! by the way! Thanks for all the help!

Professor Falken!

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia Network +
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

73% is a good score, what areas do you think you are having problems with? 8)

Edit: I know you mentioned the topic but is it more to do with understanding error messages when upgrading or what spec you need before an upgrade is possible?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. Professor-Falken

Its more with understanding error messages. Thanks for the encouragement 73% is a good scored but I need a 95 or better to get my free exam voucher from the IT school I use to attend.
    So I am looking for ideas how on to finish up studying for the exam.
    If you any suggestions let me know.

Professor Falken

4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Hmmm, it's always difficult to know the best approach to learning. If you read over the explanations from Self Test, you will certainly pass the prep exam on the next attempt, mainly because you will remember the answers and not because you actually understand the questions. So, probably the best advice is to do both, read their explanations and delve into the book and try and apply those explanations to whats in there. If you can't relate the two, you can always post here and see if someone here can shed a light for you.

Pete

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Mod action merged duplicate threads

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  6. Professor-Falken

Thanks Blue Rinse man you are the best. Listen I am going through the explanations and they help like you said they help pass the exam. But I want to understand the questions. I am going to do the best I can in the time that I have. I am going to go over the chapters in the book one more time. Then I will look at the questions that I dont understand the answer to. Then I will post any questions I have. My goal is to prepare before the new exams are required from what I know early December.
    Hey any other advice you can think of. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Professor Falken

P.S. I dont understand the problem you say I keep having with posting to multiple threads or something like that.
    Help me to understand so that I dont keep making the same mistakes over again.

7. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Allow me.

If you click on [​IMG] this will start a new thread ie. a new conversation in the forum so your reply will be the first post in that thread and therefore be meaningless to anyone who reads it as they won't have read the previous posts.

To respond to this post, you need to click on [​IMG], that way, your reply will be tacked on underneath this one to keep the thread running.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  8. C_Eagle

C_Eagle Byte Poster

I'm the worlds worst at starting countless new topics that mean nothing.

95% is a pretty high bar. I expect if you can consistantly hit that score they think your ready.

I've just passed the 70-270 and can't echo 'Bluerinse's' advice enough use the transenders (practice tests) to show your weak areas and then re-read those chapters. I always write down the areas I have problems remembering it seems to help me remember them later.

Good luck!

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, 70-270
    WIP: MCSA 70-290