Prep for 70-680, end of month

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by int fa0/0, Jun 15, 2011.

1. int fa0/0

int fa0/0 New Member

Hi Guys,

First post on this forum, hoping for a warm welcome :D

I am preping for the 70-680 exam (take exam 22nd July) and i am stuck which book to buy. I can get:

70-680: Windows 7 Configuration with Lab Manual (Microsoft Official Academic Course Series)
    OR
    MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-680): Configuring Windows 7 Book/CD Package

however, the MCTS has rubbish reviews on Amazon and not sure on what guidance to use. I have used the official course material before (as a part of degree course) but this is my first exam and nee to be 100% sure.

Also i have the CBT NUGGET videos for 70-680 & 70-685 exams which will be used.

I would be grateful for some guidance please

Thanks Guys

Liam Robson

Certifications: FDSc Network Security Technologies | BSc Network Systems
    WIP: 70-680 | 70-685 | 70-686
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

prof messer videos are good.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

I'd also be interested to find out which book is best.
    I have the MCTS book (I've only just passed my MCDST and am hoping to upgrade to EDST7 682 by the end of the year) and on a first skim-through it seems fine, never going to be a best-seller though, obviously!

I was very impressed with the knowledge I gained by using CBT nuggets for 271/272, so I'm hoping to use them for the 680/685 this time around.

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...
  4. int fa0/0

int fa0/0 New Member

I just need to know whether to buy the offical material or the self-paced training kit. I will be using cbt nuggets as well as the book, just to boost my chance of passing. I have been using 7 since the beta version and use it at work a lot. Please help!

Cheers

Certifications: FDSc Network Security Technologies | BSc Network Systems
    WIP: 70-680 | 70-685 | 70-686
  5. Spidey76

Spidey76 Bit Poster

Get the self-paced training kit mate without a doubt. The MOAC is not good for self study, its geared towards a tutor lead course so not very detailed. Be warned though, the training kit has many errors so make sure you print off the corrections from Microsoft's website. I'm preparing for the exam too and will be taking it in a week.