Premier League 08/09

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by grim, Nov 15, 2008.

1. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

Has anyone forgotten how important this weekend is in the world of soccer?

El Superclasico is on on Saturday!!!!!!!

VISCA BARCA!

In other news, how utterly hilarious is it firing your manager the week of the Superclasico!! :biggrin:biggrin:biggrin

[​IMG]

Certifications: A+, MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: 70-680, S+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  2. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Not sure what to make of Chelsea or Scolari to be honest, they're still a massive force in English and European Football but perhaps not quite as good as previous years? I was expecting them to roll over Cluj without too many problems, but they didnt at all. The Drogba goal was pure class, and thats a very strong arguement to why he needs to be in the team, but then Anelka has been on fire so its a toughie..!

I cant see them ever quite being as good as they were under Mourinho, the guy was just brilliant, probably the best manager i've ever seen in my 22 years, and thats a big statement!! Lol. :)

I'll be cheering on Derby too, as im a Spurs fan and and would rather play Derby in the final then Man Utd, haha sorry... :twisted:

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  3. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Whats even funnier is hiring Ramos after him doing so well at Spurs!! :twisted:

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
  4. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

i think he's a good manager just not for spurs, just look how good martin jol is doing

GRim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  5. Mof

Mof Megabyte Poster

Scolari is trying to turn Chelsea into attacking team quite differant to Mourinho devencive one, makes for a more entertaining game to watch, but for us Chelsea fans to loose at home hasn't been heard of for the last four years, on the flip side we have now got the record for amount of away wins. Chelsea need to Buy a world class forward then Scolari's team will get trophys,and it should be cole for decco not the other way round.:D

WIP: C++ and A+
  6. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

The only worrying factor about Saturday is them coming out all guns blazing trying to get the win to impress Ramos.

Also I hope Puyol and the lads don't get cocky thinking they have it in the bag. We could always lose it, especially against the scum.

It's going to be an incredibly exciting game on Saturday! If we can bag this one and Villareal next week, dear God.... we could sniff the smell of silverware ever so slightly. Just that first little scent!! :biggrin

7. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Spurs to beat Man Utd at the Lane tomorrow.. 2-1.

.. :)

8. asje1

asje1 Byte Poster

nXPLOSi, ill double you on that! And if by some freak of nature we manage to take man u out, then spurs dont stand a chance haha!! :)

Mof... Sorry but I carn't agree with you on this one bud. I think Scolari is a good manager and hes brought his own style to Chelsea, which as you pointed out means at home its harder to break teams down when they put 10 men behind the ball and hit out on the counter.. thats why there more sucessful away from home because when home teams try to play football against Chelsea they leave themselves open.. Mourinho is the best manager i have ever seen, i have read one of his books, he truely is a genious! Even down to the media sledging he gave Wenger, Fergie and so on, all the mind games upset teams who wernt used to this treatment and his defensive style meant his team won 1-0, 2-1 or whatever but what a charecter the guy was! The premier league misses Mourinho. I think Scorlari needs to wisen up or lose his job, and take a look at Mourinhos sucesses and many learn from them... I can see where Scolari has problems, he has too many good players and only 11 spaces! im trying to think of a team where i could pick Anelka and Drogba.. its hard, who do you leave out? Lamps, Deco? Even Mikel?... Cole? all essential players in my eyes...

I look at Chelsea now and i see a team desperate to play 'stylish' football... only other team i know which plays styling football in the prem is Arsenal and looks at them this season, shocking! Scolari im sure will learn how to adapt the the premier league and improve his home performances.. but as we have seen many atime, will he have the time??? 1 season of under performance and managers get sacked these days...

another thing, theres more chance of Derby County winning the champions league than Chelsea; and were not even in the competition - its just not meant to be!

Certifications: A+, N+
  9. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Hope Zola remembers whch side he's on tomorrow ! :biggrin

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  10. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

The big day has arrived!

This is it. The titan. The sultan. The big champ. The game that's bigger than the world cup final.

EL SUPERCLASICO IS HERE!!!!!!!!

Predicitions anyone???

I celebrated today by ordering the new Barcelona away shirt complete with Puyol and number 5 and TV3 logo. Happy El Superclasico day to all!!!

To get you all in the mood for the biggest football match in the world, have a look at this video here.

I think it will be a closer game than everyone thinks. The Superclasico is always a complicated affair, especially now as the scum set out to prove something to Juande Ramos.

I reckon 3-2 to Barcelona.

FORCA BARCA!!! VISCA CATALUNYA!!!

11. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

If anyone wants to catch all the very latest live updates to the big game today, legendary Catalonian tabloid 'Sport' has live commentary.

You can read the translation here.

12. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

Our big game ended spurs 0 v 0 man u :)

GRim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  13. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Well I got that one right, nXplosi :twisted:

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  14. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Well well well.

Adams has gone. That wasn't surprising. Given his record at Wycombe, I didn't really know how they thought he was going to conspire to be a good Premiership manager.

It's a shame that, as Adams was such a sterling defender back in the day, his reign at Pompey was highlighted by pathetic defensive displays.

Also in the news: Scolari has gone.

And I am delighted, and I mean delighted that Avram Grant is being touted as a possible 'replacement'.

Grant wasn't doing a bad job when he was ousted from Chelski; he just didn't have the face and name to match the brand. I would love them to eat humble pie and have him back, as he was a manager that was doing the job right.

Same goes for Martin Jol - they got rid of him and brought in a 'big name' manager who put Spurs out on their end, basically. And now look at how Jol is doing with Hamburg. Tee hee hee :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  15. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)