1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PreLogic Training

Discussion in 'A+' started by Kopite_21, May 18, 2010.

1. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster Premium Member

Hi guys i recieved a phone call today offering me unlimited access for the CompTia A+, is anyone doing there training through them or has completed there A+ through them, and what are they like? The guy on the phone was quoting me $99 (£60) for unlimited access for 30 days for there training videos on-line, then was offering me a discount if i did my training through them. He said that to do the course it would cost $1500 but if i chose them he would knock roughly about 25% - 30% off.

Regards. :eek::eek:
    Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  2. SimonD

SimonD Terabyte Poster Moderator

I wouldn't do it, whilst their pdfs are decent they have a tendancy to use the old Learnkey products for their videos. I also don't like their very aggressive sales tactics. Walk away and use someone else.
    Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    WIP: VCP6-CMA, VCAP-DCD and Linux + (and possibly VCIX-NV).
  3. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

I would agree with the above as they can be overly zealous in trying to market their products. I would not commit and keep an eye on their website as they do frequent sales very often. Cheerio and best wishes:)
    Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell