Practice tests

Discussion in 'A+' started by binbox, Jan 7, 2006.

1. binbox

binbox Nibble Poster

I was having a bit of a look about this morning and came across this site.

Practice tests

Don't know what everyone else thinks but alot of these questions seem to have 2 possible answers, some seem to be completely wrong, and other are written very badly. Could be just me feel abit
    out of sorts this morning.

Are these worth using surely some of them must be useful?

WIP: A+ N+ SECURITY+ SERVER+
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

You will find that when you do tests there are usually two answers that you think it could be, the key is to know which one is the answer the tester is looking for.

As to weather they are worth using then I would say that any question that makes you think is worth using, even if you believe that all of the answers are incorrect, you can go away and prove to yourself that you are correct.

8)

3. binbox

binbox Nibble Poster

Cheers Simon, I thought I was ready for the a+ before long, but these really put my nose out of joint couldn't really keep my score above 68%. I understand what you mean about any questions are good practice even if they are wrong, and make you look for the right answer. But they can also be very disconcerting

I'll put it down to a bad morning to save embarassment :oops:

WIP: A+ N+ SECURITY+ SERVER+
  4. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

I've trawled through many of the free online practice exam questions and I see a definate pattern forming here.Correct me if i'm wrong but there are a lot of questions that try and trick into a wrong answer.Not that I don't know the answer persay,but because I don't deduce what the question is ACTUALLY asking.By this I'm referring to flying through 100 questions in 15 minutes and finding I've given the wrong answer because,for example,I am being asked what is NOT the blah blah blah when the dingdong is oobryflanging?I reckon half the battle is taking your time to read the question.It's a conditioning thing I guess,be first to finish,get through this as fast as is humanly possible,but that could come at a cost,about £105 to be precise.

Certifications: A+ Network+