Practice tests vs real deal

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by skulkerboyo, Jun 20, 2007.

1. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

So impending 70-270. Been using Microsoft study self paced, Sybex, Exam cram for final brush up (possible overkill) and have Transcender on standby(Have also upset girlfriend by setting up windows 2003 domain and doing neccessary fiddling):twisted: . Question is to all u MCP'ers how close would you say the MS press/Measure up are to the real thing? I've done 2 of the preset transcenders and got on swimmingly but am not so comfortable with the measure up stuff despite getting reasonable scores. I dont want to abuse the transcender until the final few days before the exam and found the Sybex questions (book is awesome, very detailed and practical) a bit wishy washy. So how were you guys doing and what are your thoughts on the practice stuff we get to go on?

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Sounds like you have studied wisely. I also like to take small amounts of Transcender questions at a time. This way you are being honest with yourself!

Aim highly (85%) on Transcender and you should feel ready to sit the exam.

Good luck.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. Morne Louw

Morne Louw Byte Poster

if you are scoring high on your first attempts on transcender than it is very likely that you will pass the real exam which is what i have found anyway.

What i do is study hard and leave my transcenders until the last possible moment and if i score high i know i am ready you dont want to do the transcenders loads though because you tend to learn the answers to the questions not the material
    the questions are based on.

Certifications: ECDL, OCN Level 2 HTML, A+,MCDST,70-270
    WIP: MCSA/MCSE
  4. skulkerboyo

Anyone else wann chime in. It'll only cost you two cents:biggrin
    Bet you vets get sick of us beginners askin the same "what can I expect" question-sorry just understandaly anxious or is is the caffeine overload:pepsi :eyecrazy

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
  5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

If you are getting a decent score on the transcender tests then you are probably ready to take the exam for real.

Have another look over the exam objectives (on the MS site) just to make sure you have covered everything. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I don't get sick of it... though I will admit to giving a lot of consideration to the thought of creating pre-written answers to cut-and-paste into forum replies. ;)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. skulkerboyo

Who knows. Years from now I may have my own cut and paste reply document for nervous begginers.:hhhmmm

been back through all the posts on this section to garner some advice. Man some of you guys are knowledgable and so darn helpful. Kinda feel guilty for not hovering in the A+ forum to help where possible. Although they have changed the format