Practice Test

Discussion in 'Network+' started by morph, Dec 14, 2007.

1. morph

morph Byte Poster

Can anyone recommend some pratice tests to download - i've downloaded one set and i'm not totally sure how good they are ? to be fair i'm not doing all the tests now (take the exam in 1 month - so wanna space it out so it runs alongside my studying) - But i was also wondering this - i got asked a quesiton - how many usb ports to connect 4 devices - now one of the answers was 1 - but isnt 4 correct as well? i mean u could have 4 usb sockets, but yes i know u could also say 1 socket then a usb hub but.... or am i missing somthing here? maybe its to do with irq's? i've been watching and taking notes from CBT nuggets videos whilst reading a book also - i havent finsihed the book and have seen that Raid and IRQ's/IO are subjects in the book (latter stages of book) - but cbt nuggets didnt touch on these at all, which has left me a little concerned...- with practice tests at the moment i'm getting round about 550-700 on a the few i've taken - really hoping over the next month i can bump this up so that i'm passing - any thoughts anyone?

Certifications: Network +, ITIL Foundation, CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: server/ccna security
  2. Spilly

Spilly Kilobyte Poster

Some of the questions & answers can be a bit ambiguous I know.
    However, this is why practice tests are good as they give a flavour to the style questions likely to be asked.

Oh…. by the way the USB answer is 1 port as you can connect up to 127 devices to 1 port.
    Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB

As for what’s in the exam I can't tell you as that would be cheating but you certainly would need to know everything about USB.

Ps Good luck & may your God be with you in your exam!

Certifications: A+,N+,S+,MCP,MCDST,MCITP,MCTS,MCSA,CISMP,PCI-P,SSCP
    WIP: CCSK
  3. morph

morph Byte Poster

yeah some the questions just threw me a little i suppose which knocked my confidance - i know i've got enough time ( i think :) ) to go everything as its the thing in my life thats got the priority at the moment - supopse i've just got to dril it all into my head - i was wondering if people who have taken the network+ and passed - is it a majority 1st time? like i say i'm scheuled in a months time - so i do feel like i have time to get on with stuff - but i suppose if i aint confidnat i can always re-schedule ::blink

4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Careful of downloading freebie practice exams on the Internet... many are braindumps, which are collections of REAL exam questions. Using them is considered cheating by CompTIA and can get you permanently banned from ever certifying.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

As far as free tests go, you get what you pay for. Also, what Michael said was quite correct. You could be involved in piracy and theft by using those tests.

I can't say for sure now, but when I was getting ready to take the Network+ a few years back, I used the Transcender mock tests and they were quite good at simulating the true level of difficulty of the actual exam. I suppose Michael could tell you how the Boson product compares. :wink:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. morph

morph Byte Poster

it was actually from ucertify - cost £20 - dont ban me! I've only just started ;)
    I've also realised another key element about taking the exam - dont panic and read the bloody question!!!

A few answers i've gone over i've found that i've not read the question properly....i know its ovbious...just need to slow down a bit :)

7. BosonMichael

Unfortunately, they were created before I got here, and by writers who I do not know... so I don't know whether they are good resources or not. I know that the NEXT Network+ stuff we produce will be top-notch. :thumbleft

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  8. BosonMichael

UC engages in unethical behavior (link), including forum spamming. I'd recommend that you avoid them and go with an ethical practice test provider instead... but it's your money. :)

9. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

As far as I know ucertify are ok by certgaurd.

Spilly is correct you can connect 127 devices to one usb port.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  10. BosonMichael

So you didn't click the Certguard link I provided, right? :rolleyes:

11. morph

morph Byte Poster

its a minefiled out there isnt it - i decided to get some other tests on the recommendations of a few mates who've done the ccna (bit higher up) but they recommended preplogic - and that comes up safe ..phew...! (and i passed their practice exam - so its a good un in my book :D)

12. doingwell

doingwell Bit Poster

"I used the Transcender mock tests and they were quite good at simulating the true level of difficulty of the actual exam..."

I just wonder if Transcender's practice exams come from the sources of braindumps?:)

13. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

I would not start a flame but in the past I've sat exams and realized seem questions before from Transcenders. I have in the past raised this question but it feel to deaf ears on this forum:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  14. greenbrucelee

I never saw a post from you onoski about Transcender exams, I have them aswell as the preplogic practice exams for my A+ and I think the trancender ones are badly written and quite easy.

In regards to the questions being braindumps I can't tell you they are but the practice exams have to be near the actual exam without being the actual exam or the would be no need in them.

15. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

I have indeed mentioned this is one of my older post replies, however thanks for pointing out the fact that preplogic is a choosen choice and well written:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
  16. greenbrucelee

The preplogic ones are good, I want to see what the Boson ones are like but they are not going to be ready for a while according to BM.

Another thing thats bad about the transcender ones is the gui it has a off putting colour scheme, so it is hard to concentrate even though the questions are easy, that is if you can get passed the crap way they are written.

17. BosonMichael

Yeah... we've gotta get the A+ done before we can consider doing Network+. :)

18. BosonMichael

That's because the statement has no basis in fact. Transcender questions are developed from scratch - they are absolutely NOT questions from the live exam. I should know because I wrote those questions for Transcender for many years.

Keep in mind that I have no reason to protect a current competitor of Boson, so I have nothing to gain anymore by protecting Transcender's integrity.

19. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

To be honest whether this has a basis or not is that I have personally sat an exam and noticed word for word a question I had seem in transcenders.

20. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Are you 100% sure mate? I’ve used Transcenders for a few Microsoft exams and I have not seen any of the questions appear in the actual exam. :blink

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs