Potential Job Opportunities

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by MickyBobs, Nov 9, 2008.

1. MickyBobs

MickyBobs Nibble Poster

Hi everyone, im just thinking..if maybe there's someone who could advise me on getting into a company or something doing Web design..or Similar to what ive learned up to now, while i've been studying with SkillsTrain, doing the CIW Website design manager...Course!

Little experience...Plenty of Passion & determination.

Thank you!:eek:

MRwhite

WIP: Hoping to gain
  2. scottm

scottm Bit Poster

The first thing you should do is make a portfolio to show case you're current skills. Next you should starting looking in you're local job finder or recruitment agencies and draw up a CV. Start applying for jobs out there and see what happens

Certifications: A+, CENT, MCTS, 70-271
    WIP: MCDST, CCNA
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

What he said ^

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. Alex Wright

Alex Wright Megabyte Poster

In addition, find out who your local charities are and get in contact with them. Most charitable organisations are always on the look-out for IT professionals willing to offer their expertise at no expense. It's a great way of getting commercial experience, and voluntary work always looks good on peoples' CVs.

Best of luck! :)

Certifications: 70-680 Configuring Windows 7
    WIP: 70-642
  5. Carty

Carty Bit Poster

Great idea, certainly gonna follow this idea myself as im in the same situation. Thanks :)