Potential Gaming Rig

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rachael_B, Jul 4, 2008.

1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

go to the Asus website download the latest bios and put it on USB flash drive (thumb drive or whatever you want to call it) then reboot and go into the bios and use EZ flash utillity or you can do it through windows, but doing through the BIOS is better.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  2. Jimbooo

Jimbooo Nibble Poster

The Bios has an in-built update utility so you can update the bios from within the bios. Way better than updating from windows or online because if you get disconnected from the internet or your windows crashes, you're screwed!

Certifications: 4 A-Levels
    WIP: BSc (Hons) Computing
  3. Rachael_B

Rachael_B Nibble Poster

ok thanks for the info guys.

One last question - the Bios update is avialbale in two verisons - all OS and dos. Do i need to use a specific one if i am booting using the EZ facility? Can i point EZ to where the file is stored on ym C: drive or should i only use a flash drive?

thanks

Certifications: A+, ITIL v3 Fdn, Network+
    WIP: 70-680, 70-685
  4. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

If the copy on the C: drive is an up to date version then I'd choose this path, it truly is up to you:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell