Postponed 271 need advice if you have 272,270 etc

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by supernova, Mar 4, 2009.

1. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

Hi All

I have had to postpone my exam for the 271 for several weeks, due to family issues. :cry:

This leaves me with plenty of time at home and i don't want to keep going over the old notes and practice exams i rather also expand knowledge in area tested.

i am thinking of going on to study the 272 i hear that there is some overlap with the 271 which maybe useful

would you agree that this would also help with the 271 by studying it now?

I also believe that the 270 materials will also help with the 271 and 272?

And others 270?

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Sorry to hear about the delay mate :(

If I were you I'd go over 271 till you're blue in the face and nail the exam when it comes to it.

If you fancy it though, you could do light reading of 272.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

Thanks Q

I just thought that the

windows firewall,
    file system access and file permission
    multiuser computers
    Internet Explorer
    customizing the operating system
    Configuring and Troubleshooting Connectivity
    Configuring Application Security

Areas of the 272 may help with the 271 as its not all in the book, as it were

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  4. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Yep - sounds good to me :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA